Talk:Fred M. Vinson
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The info box gives his term of office, but doesn't indicate which office. Is there a good way of fixing that? -Will Beback 00:57, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
- I changed the template. Done. -Will Beback 19:11, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
The paragraph on the Marihuana Act of 1937 should be removed entirely. It has no citation, and the Wikipedia article on the same Act does not mention Vinson. Dedicating a separate section in the Vinson article to one obscure law among the hundreds which Vinson worked on, and using a phrase like "false facts" smacks of a personal agenda by the author. Catherinejarvis (talk) 20:41, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Actually, the "Marihuana" section IS relevant. Vinson, was a main, if not the main, supporter of the bill in the House, and ... reportedly was a blatant liar and implicit racist in support of it. http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/07/12/the-prohibition-of-marijuana-in-three-acts/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:07, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Fred M. Vinson. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050903032026/http://www.supremecourthistory.org/04_library/subs_volumes/04_c20_e.html to http://www.supremecourthistory.org/04_library/subs_volumes/04_c20_e.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081006174639/http://www.supremecourthistory.org/02_history/subs_history/02_c13.html to http://www.supremecourthistory.org/02_history/subs_history/02_c13.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.