|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United Kingdom|
Does anyone know why Jack Templeton's great fansite is offline currently? I hope it's not because lawyers of Channel 4 or Hewland made him. It's just that it looks like he was hosting downloads of entire episode, or at least providing links to them. That can normally get fansites closed down. Shame on the lawyers if they did.
Any ideas? The URL listed here is http://www.gamesmastertv.co.uk/
I just tweaked the whole article for language and other bits. I've taken that link out for the time being, if it gets put back up or changes URL, feel free to put it back. SynergyBlades 20:53, 29 May 2006 (UTC)
Reply March 2006
I can clarify that it wasn't forced to close down. Channel 4 hold no rights to any of GM or its brand, and Hewland have been completely supportive of the site since day one. So thankfully nothing at all to do with that. Simply it shut down because unfortunately I failed to keep up with hosting payments. As it is, I've now decided to leave the site as it needed a complete overhaul (some of the stuff I wrote on it was frankly hideous to read back!)
There's a few new sites out there that are being set up, namely http://www.gamesmasterlive.co.uk/ and http://www.gamesmaster.vze.com/ so they should be worth checking out. I may bring back the website one day but not for a while. Glad you enjoyed the site while it was around. Many thanks for the support, though, very much appreciated! :) Jack
I've added a cleanup notice at the top of the article, as it's in need of pretty heavy editing of its tone. The information there is interesting, and there's plenty of it to make a great article, but the style used is ofputting. Reveilled 19:30, 7 May 2006 (UTC)
- I've cleaned it up and removed the tag. Hope that's enough. I think some sections are quite lengthy for a former games TV show, but it's fairly informative. I also removed the very opinionated bits. SynergyBlades 20:53, 29 May 2006 (UTC)
That's no official website...
Last link goes to a myspace profile...wtf?--126.96.36.199 11:22, 19 June 2006 (UTC)
No special mention for the Tetsujin challenge?
- Yeah, well if you read the actual mag, you will know that that IS THE OFFICIAL SITE!!!! It is updated reguarly by the GM team. Garfunkle20 22:05, 20 June 2006 (UTC)Garfunkle20
Anyone have any proof that the thing with Dave Perry went down as discribed? I'd always got the impression he was just bitching, after all, if I remember correctly, he did actually attempt the buttstomp shortcut... Any proof that it had all be set up or does someone just like Dave Perry and wrote it from his PoV? --Zikar 11:49, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- All I remember of Dave Perry was his fanaticism for games and the funny looks Diamond gave him when he wasn't looking Alastairward (talk) 23:24, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Episode Transmission Dates - Season 6
I'm fairly confident all the transmission dates are correctly but are unsure about Season 6. Everything's fine until Show 10 which says was transmitted on 9th January 1997 until Show 18 which was shown on 6th March 1997. However, I've seen a couple of other sources which say 2nd January 1997 to 27th February 1997. Does anyone know which is correct? It could be the former as US IMDb says Tracy Shaw's episode was 6.12 and went out on 23rd January 1997. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:15, 18 December 2006 (UTC).
- It could be 2nd Jan-27th Feb 1997 as I've looked on the BFI site (www.bfi.org.uk) and they've got an episode for 02/01/1997.
- used to be a list of broadcast dates for each episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=GamesMaster&oldid=247404812 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:15, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
This blog provides a link to GamesMasterTV, and says that all episodes are available for streaming if you sign up. This i'm currently doing - if it works then more info can be gleamed, such as who the celebrity guests were that aren't listed yet! JaffaCakeLover (talk) 16:50, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Nuts... can't find any episodes in their database. Ignore this "revelation" for now. JaffaCakeLover (talk) 17:41, 9 May 2009 (UTC)