Talk:Go ranks and ratings
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Go ranks and ratings article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Edit this box|
Winning probabilities for IGS
The table currently gives the values 71.9%, 84.2%, 91.1% and the reference  is broken.
I get the values 58.0%, 64.0%, 68.0% from the reference http://pandanet-igs.com/communities/pandanet/60 and the following calculations (which you can enter in WolframAlpha):
- solve p*84 + (1-p)*(-116) = 0
- solve p*72 + (1-p)*(-128) = 0
- solve p*64 + (1-p)*(-136) = 0
EGF rating table
I am confused about the EGF rating table in the article. It goes up to 7 dan amateur or 1 dan professional, and then suddenly jumps immediately to 8 dan professional. I.e from 2700 EGF rating to 2800 and above there is a huge leap in rank. Can someone confirm if this is correct ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:21, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Go ranks and ratings. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130619200219/http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/lesson/knowledge-e/dankyu.htm to http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/lesson/knowledge-e/dankyu.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130910232529/http://www.gobond.nl/Generiek/ToonPagina.php?Pagina=14 to http://gobond.nl/Generiek/ToonPagina.php?Pagina=14
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.