|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Quotes section, strain
Removed "Quotes" until some quotes are added. "Strain" also changed to "Cannabis Namesake" for clarity. - Howryn 17:31, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
Jack Herer died. Check official website.
- I just did, but didn't see anything about death. Only that he's still in critical but stable condition. Basket of Puppies 23:45, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
- http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april152010/jack_herer_died.php Ethyr (talk) 21:25, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, check the date of his entry. He was writing in Sept. 2009. Herer was alive then, just ill. Herer just died recently. So, who's the genius, Constavros? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:02, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
For those with interest in editing there are many articles on Jack Herer and his death:
- http://www.google.com/search?q=%22jack+herer%22 --Timeshifter (talk) 02:30, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Ok, lets be civil here. This is a collaborative effort that will only be derailed by derogatory commentary from one contributor against another. I would know, my household was filled with hate growing up; i come from a very dysfunctional family but none of this will contribute to the article, which is what I'd like to do. However I need to go through the guidelines, probably make a cheat sheet to remember all the formatting rules, then I will start culling the internet for factual information (dates n such) to fill in the blanks, of which there are plenty on this topic. Dave 08:25, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
I already know he died April 15th, 2010 after a long hospital stay resulting from complications of a heart attack he suffered back I believe September after giving a speech at the Oregon Hempstalk Festival. They will be building a monument to him there. Dave 08:37, 20 May 2010 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Davesilvan (talk • contribs)
What's everyone's thoughts on the criticism section? I have my thoughts but I wanted to see what everyone else thought. I feel that it seems out of place in this article and would perhaps better belong in Hemp. I also had trouble accessing one of the references. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 08:30, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- A criticism section is helpful. Herer generated a considerable amount of misinformation, some of which is echoed on marijuana advocacy sites. He's associated with the "US money was printed on hemp" myth, the "Declaration of Independence was printed on hemp" myth, the "Levi's Jeans were made of hemp" myth, the "Hearst / Kimberly Clark opposition to hemp paper" myth, etc. (There are cites for most of those in the archives of Talk:Hemp.) --John Nagle (talk) 02:53, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
He never stated that the actual DOI was written on hemp -- he clearly acknowledges it was written on animal skin parchment paper. He asserted the drafts were written on hemp paper. Even Congressman Ron Paul says that the best sourse of fuel from crops comes from hemp. Clothes were then, and are now, made from hemp. Why is it so hard to believe Levi's were made hemp as well. How is any of this mis-information. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:31, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Because we have actual information about Levi's jeans:  The fabric was made by the Amoskeag Cotton and Woolen Manufacturing Company, and there's a book-length history of that company from 1911.. No hemp. Sorry. --John Nagle (talk) 18:30, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
The Globelists and those people below them who make money on drug prohibition hate people like Jack Herer who fight for the rights of others. These are the most powerful people in the world trying to complete their New World Order. They own the US government and most especially the CIA. They spend millions of dollars every year to discredit people like Jack and spread disinformation. Real patriots fight back. Yes, the first Levi pants were made out of Hemp or Canvas (a word derived from Cannabis Hemp). The first blue jeans were made of cotton (The History of Blue Jeans by Mary Bellis). After the San Francisco Fire of 1906, most of Levis records were destroyed but the story of the first Levis being made of Canvas persists. So sorry but Levis was originally made out of Hemp. Also a study was done by the Department of Agriculture in 1916 entitled Bulletin #404 claimed exactly what Herer was saying about the horticulture of Hemp. Jack has cited bulletin 404 in his book “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”. The effort to discredit Jack will continue until the people win back America and Jack Herer will go down in history as a Great American Hero.. Reverend Douglas Jones (talk) 03:32, 16 November 2013 (UTC) Douglas Jones
- The Jack Herers idea that hemp can be a big crop also today has been tested in many European countries. There is no prohibition for harvesting the high growing variants of hemp with the best fibers and low THC. The result is: There is a market for hemp, but the market is very small because other fibers than hemp are cheaper.Dala11a (talk) 00:17, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
Pretty bogus to bring up a bunch of arguments here, especially when the guy has passed. Just more flamer nonsense if you ask me -everybody has to fight, and check your rights at the door. The WSmart (talk) 05:48, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Jack Herer. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130713184209/http://www.hempfood.com/iha/iha01213.html to http://www.hempfood.com/iha/iha01213.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.