|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
No evidence of name of Ka'ahumanu III
I just reread Kamakau's Ruling Chiefs to make sure, and I find no evidence that Kekauluohi was ever called Ka'ahumanu III. Please provide a citation or I will change the title of the article. I removed one external link that did not have anything to do with her. Mahalo. Makana Chai (talk) 06:53, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Well it's been two years. I was going to do something along that line. I think we should move Kaahumanu II to Kinau, and Kaahumanu III to Kekāuluohi, and Kaahumanu IV to Victoria Kamamalu. But every link and in other articles that mentions Kaahumanu 2-4 must be removed. I'll get to it later. Some help would be appreciated.--KAVEBEAR (talk) 06:27, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, that confused me when going through the old Hawaiian newspapers I decided to google something on Kekauluohi but was confused because I saw the name of Kaahumanu and didn't want to click on it but my browser already indicated that I had clicked on it before. I must've clicked on it when it was Kekauluohi, not Kaahumanu III. I'm not sure who decided that all the Kuhina Nui would be Kaahumanu I, II, III, etc. --Mamoahina (talk) 06:14, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah not common but actually real names, there are evidences of these names. But we should use the most common names, so I move these articles to these titles. The oldest source I can find that called her Kaahumanu III was 1843 in Sheldon Dibble's history of the Sandwich Islands. Other sources actually called Victoria Kamamalu Kaahumanu III instead.--KAVEBEAR (talk) 02:37, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
Here it seems that the missionaries called her a woman of low birth with no more power than any common natives. I though it'll interesting to place here in case anybody wanted to add it to the article.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Kekāuluohi. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110721042855/http://archives1.dags.hawaii.gov/gsdl/collect/governme/index/assoc/HASH1240/35aa4df1.dir/Kekauluohi%2C%20Miriam%20Auhea.jpg to http://archives1.dags.hawaii.gov/gsdl/collect/governme/index/assoc/HASH1240/35aa4df1.dir/Kekauluohi%2C%20Miriam%20Auhea.jpg
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.