|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
According to Kongming.net Sun Jian had three daughters: Sun Shang Xiang, another who married Pan Mi and a third who married Hong Zhi. There seems to be little information on them (not surprising) but a family tree shows this too. Sun Jian has never been referred to as having only one daughter, rather Lady Sun was a prominent daughter. I'm currently in the middle of buying Empresses and Consorts which lists the females of that era so that should shed some light but I was wondering if anyone else can confirm this? --Emperor Wu 20:10, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
I found no credible information to warrant the addition of a new page, and they have no important connection, other than blood, to Xiang Shang. Nezzadar 16:37, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
Eh...what? I take it you posted in the wrong section as this isn't a suggestion for a new section or page, rather I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if Sun Jian had two other daughters, thus making the quoted line invalid and requiring alteration. --Emperor Wu 11:01, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
Umm.. yeah oops. Nezzadar 19:41, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
For merging, I agree, Lady Sun was her mother, but neither of them get all that much time, and when they are shown in the novel they're usually together. Cao Wei 19:50, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
- I don't. Different people should be kept seperate, I think. And uh...this Lady Sun is not SSX's mother, I think you've gotten her mixed up with another person. deadkid_dk 23:22, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
- As per Lady Sun's page, Sun Shangxiang and Lady Sun shouldn't be merged as it would be highly illogical. Lady Sun Shangxiang was the daughter of Sun Jian, sister to Sun Ce. Lady Sun (in this case) was the name of Sun Ce and Lady Qiao's (Da Qiao) daughter. The Lady Sun in the linked-to article is therefore the neice of Lady Sun Shangxiang. From what I gather there were at least three Lady Suns: Lady Sun (Shangxiang), daughter of Sun Jian; Lady Sun, Sun Jian's sister; and Lady Sun, daughter of Sun Ce. This would explain any confusion. --Emperor Wu 17:45, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
- Something I've just remembered: Lady Sun Shangxiang's mother wasn't Lady Sun, it was Lady Wu. A Lady Sun would have had to have come from another Sun family, which is highly unlikely as there's no mention of it in Sun Jian's historical records. --Emperor Wu 17:53, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
They shouldn't be merged, as they are different people. If the lady Sun article was about the same person as Sun Shang Xiang, then they should, but the fact is it isn't. I don't even think there's any point in there being a 'lady Sun' article - all that was ever mentioned was that Sun Ce had a daughter who married Lu Xun, nothing else is known and it seems pointless having on article on Wikipedia about her.--Stewcarr 22:49, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- It's been a while, and I don't see any good reasons for the merge. Can we take it down now? 126.96.36.199 06:18, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Is Sun Ren the same person as SSX? I have read many books that say she could be called either, so wouldn't Sun Ren direct to this article? FinalHeaven
- Yes, Sun Shang Xiang is commonly named Sun Ren in literature. I don't know how to do a redirect but if you do I'd go ahead and add it. --Emperor Wu 12:09, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, added the redirect. That should help out some people. FinalHeaven 00:41, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
I have edited the article to the best of my ability, and believe the merge is no longer needed, and thus has been removed. The biographies of two different people should rarly be merged, as it causes confusion. Nezzadar 16:35, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
I'm deleting the awfully long part about the video game character, it has no business being more than a mention under 'modern reference' here and it already has its own page.
Main Title and Lady Sun
Is "Sun Shangxiang" the proper title for this historical person? After all this is only a fictitious name just like some others. I think this person should be titled "Lady Sun", as she is called in the Chinese wikipedia section. The Lady Sun in the English Wiki section is not important enough to be named "Lady Sun". Historically Sun Ce and Da Qiao have 3 daughters, and Lu Xun's wife is just one of them. In fact "孫氏" shouldn't be translated to "Lady Sun" but instead "Miss Sun". Only "孫夫人" (= Sun Shangxiang) is translated to "Lady Sun". Timmyshin (talk) 22:43, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
File:Sunshangxiang.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Sunshangxiang.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
|Speedy deletions at commons tend to take longer than they do on Wikipedia, so there is no rush to respond. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lady Sun. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070607210632/http://www.anu.edu.au/asianstudies/decrespigny/gos_index.html to http://www.anu.edu.au/asianstudies/decrespigny/gos_index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.