Talk:List of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade characters
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Redirect-class)|
- 1 Too much fan comments
- 2 Removing mention of characers as units.
- 3 Merge of Lilina
- 4 Character names
- 5 Hugh - Uncle of Lugh/Lleu?
- 6 Merging Roy
- 7 Information on Lalum
- 8 Should Rutger be Rutoga?
- 9 Roy's mother
- 10 The page needs official names
- 11 Recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series
- 12 Alright
- 13 Move?
Too much fan comments
There are fanbases that have strong evidence that a bunch of characters are worthless, and why some of them are awesome, and not only does most of this look wrong, it is very non-neutral and based on personal experience. I'll do something about it, and if you appreciate it or have recommendations, please reply. David Martin Chao 04:13, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
I've mainly revamped Roy (although I've put a few contextual edits here and there for formality), but I also introduced a change in order of characters. I need a little help putting the non-playable characters into order of appearance, because I can't clearly remember. I feel it is more appropriate in this way rather than expressing significance of Trial Maps. David Martin Chao 05:03, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Removing mention of characers as units.
Wikipedia is not a game guide. This shows a misunderstanding of what Wikipedia is about, so I've deleted all the "game gide" stuff. I suggest that sombody transfers the older version to a gaming wikia. Thanks. Ashnard Talk 11:05, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
Merge of Lilina
Since somebody has already changed at least one name to an official name (Alen), has it been decided to use the Japanese official names for all the characters? Currently they are a mix of fan and official names. Aveyn Knight 17:53, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- Okay, I changed them all. I suspect tons of people are going to keep editing the names though.
- On a similiar note, should we use the names used in Blazing Sword for any characters that also appear here? I already did that for the playable characters and major NPCs (eg. Eliwood instead of Eliwod). From memory, yhe remaining names to change would be Nimue (Niime), Sophia (Sofiya) and Fae (Fa). Aveyn Knight 12:23, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I'll do it anyway, since I can imagine the answer. Feel free to comment though. Aveyn Knight 12:25, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- If there name is mentioned in Blazing Sword, becaus that makes it official and verifiable. Ashnard Talk Contribs 14:56, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
I'm not arguing against any of the names being used in the article and don't intend to change them, but what is the source being used for the "official names"? I know of the ones from Blazing Sword, but what about the other ones (such as "Echidna" being "Ekhidna")? 18.104.22.168 21:51, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- The source is the either the Path of Radiance illustrations gallery (ignore the filenames) or the Sword of Seals/Sword of Fire Character Book. The names in both sources agree, with the exception of Cecilia/Secilia. Aveyn Knight 19:25, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's right, to both. I guess we forgot about that, thanks. Aveyn Knight 22:46, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
Hugh - Uncle of Lugh/Lleu?
Did I miss something in Fire Emblem? This implies that Hugh is Nino's brother, which isn't mentioned by Sonia at any point. Further, that makes Canas Nino's father - and Sonia specifically mentioned killing Nino's blood parents prior to Nino's induction into the Black Fang.22.214.171.124 09:02, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think that statement in the article anymore, though if it is... during Nino's support conversation with Canas in Blazing Sword, it heavily implies that Nino's biological mother and Canas' wife were sisters. As a result, Nino would be Canas' niece by marriage. That's as closely related as Hugh and Lugh and Lleu can get as far as I know. 126.96.36.199 21:56, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
Roy currently does not have enough information to warrant an article, so this is the best place for it to be covered. It needs real world information in order to exist otherwise. TTN (talk) 18:09, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Support Merge Roy's only real world information was how he and Marth helped the FE series for being in Melee, but he has since been cut from the roster. I'm pretty sure that the info can fit into the merged article without being too big. Magiciandude (talk) 02:34, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
You dont know for a surefire fact that hes not in brawl. there is a high chance that they will include downloadable characters. (from mario, pokemon, fire emblem, metroid, and retro. im just guessing on the series', but o think that those are the most likely.) unless hes a trophy in brawl, he could very well be downloadable. (hes not an AT)Igglybuff63 (talk) 13:11, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Information on Lalum
Im not sure how to phrase this: Lalum's overworld sprite is re-used in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, as Tethys' sprite, proven by the small heart that appears. Ideas on rephrasing and adding to the article? (Note OVERWORLD sprite, the sprite that appears whit the animations turned off). Naglfar or Gleipnir? (talk) 19:06, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
Should Rutger be Rutoga?
There is no unified source that covers Roy's mother. Fire Emblem VII endings result in Eliwood marrying either Ninian, Lyn, or Florina (correct me if I'm mistaken on that last one). However, it is strongly hinted by Fire Emblem VI's in-game artwork during the ending credits that Ninian is, by canon, Roy's mother (she appears to be petting him). Any other suggestions are welcomed.--DarkKunai (talk) 03:46, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- BTW, it's Fiora who can marry Eliwood at the end of FE7. Her sisters, Florina and Farina, can potentially marry Hector instead, and Florina, additionally, can end up travelling with Lyn. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:27, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
The page needs official names
These are unofficial names that fans made, and do not belong in an encyclopedia, therefore we need to get the actual Japanese names in place. I never played the game, so I have no idea what their real names are. Newspaper98 (talk) 22:30, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
Recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series
I fixed the translations so they have the official names (barring those who appear in Rekka no Ken), but how do I make it so the references section appears in the Table of Contents? --Thenewguy34 (talk) 13:46, 22 July 2012 (UTC)