Talk:Lysine price-fixing conspiracy
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Poorly formed, people!
"The FBI and Whitacre flew to multiple countries as far as Tokyo, Paris, Mexico City, and Hong Kong [...]" is a very poorly formed sentence.
1. With "as far as" the writer refers "multiple countries"; "Tokyo, Paris, Mexico City, and Hong Kong" are clearly not countries.
2. "Multiple countries" is a tautology, as "countries" itself, being plural, indicates more than one country.
If the writer intends to illustrate how many foreign visits the investigators made, a revised sentence might read: "The FBI accompanied Whitacre on numerous foreign visits, as far afield as Tokyo, Paris and Mexico City, [...]"
The article states "The FBI learned of the lysine price-fixing conspiracy from Mark Whitacre, a former Divisional President of ADM's BioProducts Division, because his wife threatened to inform the FBI if he did not." It's source  does support the fact that Mark Whitacre first told the FBI, however it does not say anything about his wife. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Quillerscorp (talk • contribs) 00:31, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
The articles The Informant (book). Lysine price-fixing conspiracy and Mark Whitacre are a disaster. Things that should be in one article are in another and things that should be in an article aren't. There should probably also be an article Rats in the Grain. I plan a total restructuring after Christmas. (I've posted this message on the relevant articles.) (Jmckeon ie (talk) 00:02, 25 December 2011 (UTC))
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lysine price-fixing conspiracy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070929213021/http://www.kaplanfox.com/press.php?&id=7 to http://www.kaplanfox.com/press.php?&id=7
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.