|Sendai received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|WikiProject Japan / Districts & municipalities / Prefectures||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
I think it would be nice to have some demographic data maps and other statistics on the page. More about the different town areas in Sendai city and recommendations of various kinds of restaurants, shops and so on. That is what I would like to find on an article about a city. Lord Metroid 19:32, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
Dear 126.96.36.199: I am reverting your edit, which deals about the fact that whale meat can be purchased in Sendai, for the following reasons.
- The fact that whale meat can be purchased in Sendai is not particularly notable, because whale meat can be bought throughout Japan. There are many online websites that sell whale meat, so it is not something particularly restricted to Sendai City. Sendai also is a relatively large city in Japan, so it is not surprising that whale meat can be purchased in the city. Additionally, there are six cities in Japan with whaling bases; however, Sendai is not one of them. Therefore, I believe your edit, which mentions that whale meat can be bought in Sendai, is similar to editing an article about a European city and writing that Hashish can be purchased in the city, when it is widely available in Europe, according to the Hashish article. If you want to write about the fact that whale meat is widely available in Japan, you should edit the Whaling in Japan article.
- I believe your edit is rather biased, and is not written from a neutral point of view. It is official Wikipedia policy to write articles from a neutral point of view. which is "absolute and non-negotiable," according to founder Jimbo Wales . For example, you write "Furthermore, Whale meat eating is no longer part of the culture but has become rather a luxury that nature can no longer afford". I believe this statement is not an established fact, but an opinion.
- Your edit is also factually incorrect. You write that the fact that whale meat is available in Sendai "reveals that Japan is indeed breaching Whaling rules and regulations." However, according to the whaling article, whale meat purchased in Sendai is obtained through scientific whaling, carried out under the rules described within Article VIII of the International Convention on the Regulation of Whaling. Therefore, Japan is not breaching any whaling rules or regulations. I request you to make an effort to write factually correct edits in the future.
I sincerely request you to refrain from making questionable edits to this article in the future. Atsi Otani 12:14, 15 August 2005 (UTC)
Comments on article
Since we were asked to comment on the Japan related topics board, let me say that the top of the article should be greatly lengthened to give more of an introduction to the city. After the first paragraph, the text goes straight into a fairly detailed description of the history of the city, which was probably too detailed for the top of the article. I didn't want to get into those details right away. It would be nice if some more general information could be given before getting into these details. Also, some of the English in the article is rather unidiomatic if not ungrammatical. For example, "Sendai has five wards since 1989" is not good English. This is just one example of many I noticed. In the section on specialities, there is very little detail about the foods themselves, but instead after one sentence about the articles, there is a discussion of which place invented what, which is not so interesting for a general English speaking reader. I have never been to Sendai but I have some friends from there and I've discussed the city with them. I was surprised that so much information for example about gyutan was missing. Also, for example, gyutan should have a macron. There are some dead links e.g. to Sendai castle which should be filled in. --DannyWilde 11:27, 18 September 2005 (UTC)
does anyone know anything about a Sendai clan? i need to write a report about them. Yahussain 17:57, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
A recent edit in the Miyagi pref. article brought up some local attractions that aren't even mentioned! Ichibanchou being the most glaring omission, I think, but there are a few others of note, like the above mentioned Sendai castle.
Earthquake section needs improvements
I found this an excellent article. It is well-structured and gives interesting geographic, political and cultural information on Sendai. I found one section not so well-written: the one on earthquakes. Most of it is concerned with some technical discussions about whether an earthquake originated at a certain site which is not of interest to a general reader. The english also needs improvement. The big earthquake in Sendai should get special mention: the date, effects, and recovery afterwards. Otherwise it is a splendid article.
Please join the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style (Japan-related articles). --Polaron | Talk 08:23, 31 August 2006 (UTC)
- Nope. Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style (Japan-related articles)/City naming is where the naming convention of the larger Japanese cities was discussed. Neier 07:01, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
Assuming that the main page is intended to be viewed from abroad, I think presenting three photos of Sendai skyline is not attractive. I understand that Sendai people are proud of having some high rise building in the city, but that does not distinguish Sendai city from others. These photos are not particularly beautiful, and could give an impression that Sendai is a colorless city. How about, instead, presenting more photos of historic sites in Sendai, such as Zuihoden, Sumiyagura, Johgi Nyorai or kyu-Date-tei (old Date residence)? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:30, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
- The US Geological Survey say now 9.0 and the UK Foreign Office say 9.0. The Telegraph note that the upgrade happened on Sunday 13 March. I will add these sources. Any queries? Span (talk) 11:47, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
Departmentstore and Shoppingmall
I will remove some less notable or unsourced events from the list and put them here. Feelfree to discuss. I have rough criteria in mind, but typing them would be too long. If foringner visit in Sendai, most people ask for shopping place. The years are missing from the copied elements.
- Fujisaki Departmentstore
- Mitsukoshi Departmentstore
- Sakurano Departmentstore
- Sendai Forus
- Daiei Sendai
- The Mall Nagamachi
- Selva Izumi Central
- Sendai Izumi Premium Outlet
- Sendai Aoba Hillside Outlet
- Aramaki Central Plaza
- Bivi Sendai
- Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port
- Aeon Shoppingmall Izumi Osawa
- Aeon Shoppingmall Tomitani — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:24, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
I think there should be some more detail when it comes to the economy section. The city's official site offers new information, and the current year's data is available. Please reply if you think it shouldn't be an addition to the page or if it should be an addition for a more specific ward or region. XDavidPL (talk) 08:43, 14 November 2016 (UTC)