|Solar 2 has been listed as a Video games good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: April 10, 2014. ( ).
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Solar 2/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
GAN Quicksheet 1.24 SM
Starting comments: I hadn't intended on doing any more GAN reviews, because I don't find them as enjoyable as other maintenance tasks, but Hahc21 requested that I review this. So I will. Sven Manguard Wha? 21:40, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- a. provides references: Acceptable
- b. proper citation use: Meh
- You're leaning very heavily on the game's tutorial as a source. I can't say that I'm a fan of that, as it's a first-party source. Since all of the citations are in the Gameplay section, I'll let it fly, but if you see opportunities to phase out the tutorial in favor of reliable, third party sources, I encourage you to take them.
- c. no original research: Acceptable
- "Solar 2 received a positive response from video game journalists upon release. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the game received an average score of 72 based on 8 reviews." - This is tricky. Going by the numbers, 72 is "Mixed or average reviews". Going by the reviews, however, it's 6 positive reviews, 1 mixed, and 1 negative review. I will leave it like this, because it's not inaccurate, although I did change the wording of the lead to be more accurate.
- I would have inserted the negative review (PCGUS) to the summary table in the review section, for balance reasons, but it's offline. Not a big deal, it appears to be an outlier.
- a. license/tagging correct: Meh
- "n.a." is not acceptable in FURs. I have fixed it for you in this case, but please keep this in mind for the future.
- b. relevant/properly captioned: Acceptable
- a. images that should have alt texts have them: Acceptable
- The only image that could hold one has a description that serves the same purpose as the alt text would.
- b. general catch all and aesthetics: Acceptable
Comments after the initial review: Right. I made a bunch of little changes as I went. I could have asked you to do them in order to pad the size of this review for the WikiCup, but if the judges say it's too short, whatever. It's comprehensive, at least. This passes. A bit too heavy on primary sources for my take, but it's acceptable, and that's my only issue anyways. Good to go. Sven Manguard Wha? 23:07, 10 April 2014 (UTC)