|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Trivia sections on Wikipedia are considered very bad form. All imformation within this section should be dispersed to apropriate places within the article. --The_stuart 18:22, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Princess Caroline of Monaco wrote to Robert Forster recently to say how much she loved their last album which she bought after she heard a song about herself on the radio called ‘Caroline & I.’.
- Evan Katz, producer of the hit show 24, based part of the fourth season of the hit show around a company called McLennan-Forster in honour of his heroes.
- Australian Premier of Queensland the Hon Peter Beattie handed out copies of their LPs in the United States Senate stating them to be "One of Australia’s greatest exports".
- Bono and The Edge from U2 list The Go-Betweens song ‘Cattle and Cane’ as one of their top three all time favourite songs.
- Other fans of the band include Jonathan Demme, Edward Norton, Jonathan Lethem and Glenn Close.
- Until 16 Lovers Lane, all Go-Betweens albums had a double 'L' in the titles. Originally this was purely a coincidence; however this motif was adopted again on 2003's Bright Yellow Bright Orange.
- The intimate relationships within the band, between Morrison and Forster, and between Brown and McLennan, were famously messy.
- Brown is now a screen composer (a composer of film and television soundtracks); Morrison is currently a social worker, and as an Australian Democrats candidate failed to win a seat in State and Federal elections.
What do you mean exactly? Personally, I found much of this information fascinating, but most of it probably wouldn't belong in the main body. Is there a manual of style which references this, otherwise do you have a suggestion? I think this infomation should be on the article page one way or another... -postglock 05:55, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
What was the cause of McLennan's death? --Richardrj 17:03, 7 May 2006 (UTC)
Added a section on the group's early history, and altered a few bits - "Tallulah" was 1987 not 1986, and is not generally considered their greatest LP (it's often thought of as their weakest, even by members of the group)! These mid-80s LPs got great reviews in the UK music press as a whole, not just NME... that makes it sound a bit like no one else was interested. Mostly, I just tried to put a bit more meat on the bones of the article. The Go-Betweens were an extremely influential group, and deserved a slightly larger WP entry, I thought MrBronson 04:14, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Go-Betweens photo (lr).jpg
Image:Go-Betweens photo (lr).jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Brunswick Street Station
Brunswick Street railway station, Brisbane is to be renamed "Fortitude Valley Station", one of the other names suggested was "Go-Betweens Station".
Proposed major edits
I intend making a series of major edits including: beefing up the Lead, subdividing the main text, reformatting discography section, incorporating trivia items into main text or deleting where appropriate, trimming External links and supplying further references. The process is expected to take about a week and hopefully the article will be improved to about B-class.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 09:56, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Getting there, nearly finished with my first run through. Will check/edit some more but it should be B-class already.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 02:35, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Go-Betweens. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for //www.whammo.com.au/index.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
New infobox picture needed?
Currently, the image used in the infobox is non-free. Per WP:NFCCP#1, non-free should only be used when there are no free-use options available. I doubt there are no photographs of this band without copyright floating around somewhere: "Non-free content is used only where no free equivalent is available, or could be created, that would serve the same encyclopedic purpose". Anarchyte (work | talk) 15:20, 2 September 2017 (UTC)