Talk:Vergil (Devil May Cry)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Vergil (Devil May Cry) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
I've tried to reorganize and clarify this article to give it a consistent flow, remove the most blatant speculation, and otherwise neaten up the writing. --Boradis 01:24, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
- A little more neatening and tidying, but it really needs to be cut down to about 1/3 this long. --Boradis 23:46, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
Spelling errors in References
Can someone fix this? I can't seem to figure out how, but the reference text at the bottom should read like this (there are spelling errors as well as transcription errors):
Vergil: Insane buffoon! I don't know where you came from but you don't belong here. Now leave! Jester: Zowie, that was close. But you've taken quite a trouncing today, haven't you Vergil? You could have chopped me into confetti by now if you were in tip-top condition. Vergil: Damn you! Jester: You have lost... Arkham: Because you've underestimated humans.
Also, the following is from a seperate bit of the script completely...
Jester: It was quite a ride, you know. If any of you had died, my little plan would have gone to waste! So my job was to let you battle each other in order to weaken you, but at the same time I needed to guide you here and make sure you were kept alive. I even went so far as dressing like a complete idiot!
220.127.116.11 04:12, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- This is a good point. I've noticed other gamescript cites we've used that contain errors, mispellings, and other issues. Something we should all keep in mind is that we can't assume a gamescript transcribed by someone else is correct. All the quotes we use should all be double-checked ideally against our copies of the game -- or at least by checking one of the many online archives of the cutscenes. If one reader mentions it then hundreds or thousands have noticed it, but didn't bother to post. Thanks for the heads-up! --Boradis 05:05, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- No problem. Should I search through the DMC articles and see if I can find more transcription errors? I'm pretty familiar with the game script, although anyone who felt like watching the subtitled scenes on YouTube could do the same. --Edit, I notice that this particular script error seems to be the product of directly copying a game script on GameFAQs.com that has quite a few errors in it, so I'm going to work through my copy of the game later this week and try to produce a script that's as accurate as possible. 18.104.22.168 13:23, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- I had one, I'd just forgotten to sign in! Silly me. I'll post a link here once I've posted a more accurate script somewhere. Recalcitrancy 18:25, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Vergil (Devil May Cry). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110722101943/http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6324583/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-roster-leaked to http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6324583/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-roster-leaked
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070929223856/http://www.gamespot.com/news/6107931.html to http://www.gamespot.com/news/6107931.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.