|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Zubin Mahta is from a Parsi family of India with Persian ethnicity. Do not try to hide his ethnicity. Persian is the English word for Parsi in Persian language. Parsis of india left Persia after Islamic occupation. Based on their tradition, Parsis marry Parsis. Like it or not, their ethnicity is Persian. As an example look at Jewish people who left their religion and also lived out of Israel for thousands of years and in different countries and married other ethnic groups but still they are considered as member of Jewish ethnic group. Please notice vandalism. More than 100 million people in the world are from Persian ethnicity. --Sina Kardar 13:08, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry but you are missing the point here. There is absolutely no need for Mehta to be in Category:Persian people as he is already in Category:Parsis. We do not place English people in a Germanic people category. Arniep 18:13, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
It has been established on the Parsi page that Parsis are NOT Persians. Persians refer to the people of modern-day Iran, and genetic testing has also shown that Parsis are a mixed ethnicity comprising genetic markers both Indian and Persian. Furthermore, the Parsi ethnic group, although foreign in origin, is purely an Indian ethnicity - not an Iranian one. This has also been clarified in the Parsi discussion page. Additionally, there isn't a need for Persian transliteration of his name as Parsis do not speak Persian and instead speak Gujerati as their mother tongue. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:09, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
He is the conductor of the israeli orchestra, Is he also jewish? 184.108.40.206 11:29, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
No, he just conducted the orchestra. He wasnt an Israeli citizen and he wasnt Jewish, just for conducting Israeli musicians. He's an Indian. It's too easy to play with content in this site. I recall reading this article a few years ago, where it clearly said Mehta had an out-of-wedlock child with a resident of a kibbutz in Israel. Why is that detail missing now? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2602:306:CFA2:58A0:0:0:0:49 (talk) 19:20, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- The WikiProject Classical music doesn't; see Wikipedia:WikiProject Classical music/Style guidelines#Biographical infoboxes and related extensive discussion. The determining point, I suspect, is the proposed content of such a box. -- Michael Bednarek (talk) 11:49, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
- That conversation seems largely inconclusive as to whether all infoboxes should be prohibited, in contrast to the rest of the Project. Thought I do recognize that the conversation is very old, and that consensus can change. In any event -- which of the infoboxes do you view as better for this purpose, and what fields do you view as better/worse to reflect? At minimum, whichever infobox is used, I see no harm in reflecting name/original name/dob/place of birth/awards/alma mater/age (in dob line)/and matters like that. (Plus -- I might note -- the wp classical music is one of a number of wikiprojects that have an interest in this bio, and as far as I can tell the only one that even voices a hesitation as to infoboxes).--Epeefleche (talk) 02:10, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Zubin Mehta. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120402052847/http://www.mmmfindia.org/committees.html to http://www.mmmfindia.org/committees.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.