|Member of the Penang State Assembly|
for Bagan Dalam
8 March 2008 – 9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Subbaiyah Palaniappan (MIC-BN)|
|Succeeded by||Satees Muniandy (DAP-PH)|
|Majority||2,932 (2008), 5,161 (2013)|
|Born||1956 (age 62–63)|
Kuala Kurau, Perak, Malaysia
|Political party||Democratic Action Party – Pakatan Harapan|
|Alma mater||University of London|
Tanasekharan Autherapady (Tamil: ஔ. தனசேகரன்) is a Malaysian lawyer and politician. He is the former Democratic Action Party (DAP) assemblyman for Bagan Dalam, Penang for two terms from 2008 to 2018. Tanasekharan was dropped by DAP as a candidate in the 2018 general election.
Tanasekharan is also currently serving as Vice Chairman for Penang Hindu Endowments Board.
Tanasekharan was born in Kuala Kurau, Perak and received his primary school education in Wellesley Primary School Penang and secondary education in Penang Free School. Upon completing secondary education, he continued studying for Law in an External Programme with University of London and completed Law Degree in 1982.
|2008||Tanasekharan Autherapady (DAP)||7,601||61.90%||Subbaiyah Palaniappan (MIC)||4,669||38.10%||12,546||2,932||73.00%|
|2013||Tanasekharan Autherapady (DAP)||10,253||66.40%||Karuppanan Malairaja (MIC)||5,092||33.00%||15,687||5,161||84.30%|
|Lim Seang Teik (PCM)||76||0.50%|
|Asoghan Govindaraju (IND)||25||0.10%|
- "Malaysian Bar Directory :: Lawyer Detail". Malaysianbar.org.my. 1985-07-27. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Fuentes, Shane (2014-04-03). "High Court dismisses Ind candidate's application". Free Malaysia Today. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- ":: iDirektori". Idirektori.penang.gov.my. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "About Me". Thanasekharan.com. 2011-10-10. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- K. Suthakar and Arnold Loh (21 April 2018). "DAP six face the axe". The Star. Retrieved 21 April 2018.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|