From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tariq class frigate)
|Class and type:||Type 21 frigate|
|Displacement:||3,700 long tons (3,759 t) full load|
|Length:||384 ft (117 m) o/a|
|Beam:||41 ft 7 in (12.67 m)|
|Draft:||19 ft 6 in (5.94 m)|
|Speed:||32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph)|
|Complement:||13 Officers, 200 Sailors|
|TKWA/MASS (Multi Ammunition Softkill System)|
|Aircraft carried:||1 × Lynx HAS.3 helicopter|
|Aviation facilities:||Landing deck and hangar|
The Tariq-class destroyers are ex-Royal Navy Type 21 frigates acquired by the Pakistan Navy from the United Kingdom in 1993-94. Although the Royal Navy classified these ships as frigates, they are classed as destroyers by the Pakistan Navy.
- Babur (ex-Amazon) Commissioned for RN into 1974 transferred to PN in 1993.
- Shah Jahan (ex-Active) Commissioned into RN in 1977; transferred to PN in 1994.
- Tariq (ex-Ambuscade) Commissioned into RN in 1975; transferred to PN in 1993.
- Khaibar (ex-Arrow) Commissioned into RN in 1976; transferred to PN in 1994.
- Badr (ex-Alacrity) Commissioned into RN in 1977; transferred to PN in 1994; has been decommissioned.
- Tippu Sultan (ex-Avenger) Commissioned for RN in 1975 transferred to PN in 1994.
- Ansari, Usman (19 May 2014). "Reports: Increase in Pakistan Defense and Nuclear Budgets Likely". Defense News. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Camcopter S-100 – Continued Success In Shipboard Trials (PDF), Schiebel Elektronische Geraete GmbH, 14 April 2008
|This article about the military of Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|