Events from the year 2002 in Pakistan.
- 1 January – an earthquake strikes northern Pakistan.
- 12 January – President Musharraf declares a war on extremism.
- 18 January – President Musharraf, in an interview with CNN, says he believes that Osama bin Laden is dead.
- India shuns Pakistan's offer of talks.
- 22 June – A wedding feast in Pakistan's tribal areas ends in tragedy after an error during the celebratory firing of a mortar shell; fourteen people are killed.
- 21 November - A 6.3 Mw earthquake strikes northern Pakistan, leaving sixteen dead, forty injured, and more than 1,000 buildings damaged.
- 26 November - The Pakistan army has to use helicopters to evacuate thousands of people following the earthquake, as roads are blocked and the temperature is falling due to the onset of winter.