The Guilty (2018 film)
|Directed by||Gustav Möller|
|Produced by||Lina Flint|
|Screenplay by||Gustav Möller|
Emil Nygaard Albertsen
|Music by||Carl Coleman|
|Cinematography||Jasper J. Spanning|
|Edited by||Carla Luff|
Nordisk Film Spring
New Danish Screen
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
|Box office||$3.4 million|
The Guilty (Danish: Den skyldige) is a 2018 Danish thriller film co-written and directed by Gustav Möller. It was screened in the World Cinema Dramatic Competition section at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. The film was distributed in the U.S. by Magnolia Pictures. It was selected as the Danish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, making the December shortlist. An American remake will star Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Jakob Cedergren as Asger Holm
- Jessica Dinnage as Iben (voice)
- Omar Shargawi as Rashid (voice)
- Johan Olsen as Michael (voice)
- Katinka Evers-Jahnsen as Mathilde (voice)
- Jacob Lohmann as Bo (voice)
The review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 99% based on 88 reviews, and an average rating of 7.9/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Sleek, well-acted, and intelligently crafted, The Guilty is a high-concept thriller that wrings maximum impact out of a handful of basic - and effective - ingredients." Metacritic assigned the film a normalized score of 83 out of 100, based on 23 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".
- List of submissions to the 91st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Danish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "The Guilty". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "Den Skyldige". The Numbers. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "Sundance Film Festival Unveils Full 2018 Features Lineup". Variety. Variety Media, LLC. 29 November 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Lang, Brent (23 January 2018). "Sundance: Magnolia Buys 'The Guilty'". Variety. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Danmarks bedste bud på en Oscar: En nervepirrende thriller med titlen: 'Den skyldige'". Politiken. 20 September 2018. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Holdsworth, Nick (20 September 2018). "Oscars: Denmark Selects 'The Guilty' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Abbatescianni, Davide (21 September 2018). "The Guilty enters the Oscars race for Denmark, Woman at War for Iceland". Cineuropa. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Academy Unveils 2019 Oscar Shortlists". The Hollywood Reporter. 17 December 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (10 December 2018). "Jake Gyllenhaal to Star in Remake of Denmark's Oscar Entry 'The Guilty' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Hipes, Patrick (10 December 2018). "Jake Gyllenhaal To Star In Remake Of Danish Oscar Entry 'The Guilty'". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "The Guilty (Den skyldige) (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- "The Guilty Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 27 December 2018.