|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Population||2,012 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Central Highlands Region|
Tieri // is a small mining town and locality in the Central Highlands Region, Queensland, Australia. Established in 1983, the town like nearby Middlemount and Dysart, is a service centre for local coal mines. At the 2011 census, Tieri had a population of 2012.
According to an early resident there were no facilities when people moved to the town. There were no shops and a bank visited once a week. Tieri now has a whole range of shops for a mining town. Tieri has bush trails for mountain, quad and dirt bikes. The nearest purpose built motorcross track is in Middlemount approximately 40 km away.
Tieri has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Tieri (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Tieri - town (entry 34525)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Tieri - locality (entry 46980)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Opening and closing dates of schools in Queensland". Education Queensland. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Tieri State School". Education Queensland. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Tieri State School Annual Report" (PDF). Education Queensland. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Murray, Georgina; David Peetz (2010). Women of the Coal Rushes. UNSW Press. p. 74. ISBN 1742232213. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Tieri War Memorial (entry 602184)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Tieri
- Tieri State School website
- Tieri State School on Facebook
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|