Todd the Dinosaur
Todd the Dinosaur written and drawn by Patrick Roberts, is a cartoon strip about a 7 year old Tyrannosaurus attending elementary school. Being only second graders, his classmates accept Todd as they would anyone else. The strip first appeared in 2001 in The Oklahoman and is published by King Features Syndicate. It has also appeared in Record-Journal, Herald News and San Francisco Chronicle. It participated in the second Earth Day comic event of King Features. During one day, 37 of their creators used their comics to advance an environmental theme.
Todd: Todd is a 7-year-old, 12-foot-tall (3.7 m) Tyrannosaurus who lives with his friend Trent. He is known to have a "ravenous appetite" and will eat almost anything.
Trent: Trent Footbridge is a 27-year-old, easy-going guy who acts as Todd's "adopted" father, as he treats Todd more like a kid than a pet. He works at an insurance company.
Susie: Susie is Trent's girlfriend. She is 25 years old. She has been dating Trent for three years. She is patient and nurturing to Todd.
In a 2008 survey from The Oklahoman readers, Todd the Dinosaur finished 14th among the 33 comics of the journal. It is one of the comics which remains in the daily features section and in the Sunday Comics section.
- "About the Cartoonist - Patrick Roberts". King Features Syndicate. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Meet Todd The Dinosaur". Record-Journal. May 3, 2004. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "We're adding seven new comics to brighten your day". Herald News. November 11, 2004. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "Todd the Dinosaur". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- Alan Gardner (April 17, 2009). "King Features goes green for 2nd Earth Day event". The Daily Cartoonist. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "About the Characters". King Features Syndicate. Retrieved 2007-11-23.
- NewsOK.com, ed. (June 8, 2008). "Saying so long to longtime friends". Retrieved July 9, 2011.
|This comic strip–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|