|Born||1974 (age 43–44)|
|Occupation||Founder of Passionflix|
|Parent(s)||Maye Musk (mother)|
Errol Musk (father)
|Relatives||Elon Musk (brother)|
Kimbal Musk (brother)
Lyndon Rive (cousin)
Tosca Musk (born 1974) is a South African-Canadian filmmaker. She is an executive producer, producer, and director of feature films, television programs, and web content. Her work includes K. Bromberg's Driven, Rachel van Dyken's Matchmaker's Playbook, and her web series, Tiki Bar TV. Her Hallmark television movie, Holiday Engagement was the most-watched television movie on Hallmark. Tosca is the sister of entrepreneurs Elon and Kimbal Musk and daughter of Maye Musk.
Musk produced and directed her first feature film, Puzzled, with Musk Entertainment. Elon Musk was the film's executive producer. Soon thereafter, Musk produced the feature film, The Truth About Miranda, since followed by over a dozen features, television movies and series, including the teen horror film, Cruel World, the UK feature, The Heavy and the television drama, We Have Your Husband. In 2011, Musk produced three more television movies which aired on Lifetime and Hallmark in early 2012.
In 2005, Musk partnered with Jeff Macpherson to produce the web series, Tiki Bar TV. That same year, during the Macworld 2005 Keynote presentation (which introduced the iPod with Video) Steve Jobs showcased Tiki Bar TV to the audience as an example of a video podcast (a relatively new media format at the time) which could be loaded to the new video iPod using Apple's iTunes software.
Tiki Bar TV has been featured in Wired magazine, as well as in other media outlets. In July 2006, the show was featured in a profile on Jeff Macpherson in Forbes Magazine Celebrity 100 Issue as "one of the first breakout stars in the world of Internet television".
Musk is the CEO and co-founder of the OTT streaming platform Passionflix. Developed in 2017 with writer Joany Kane and producer Jina Panebianco, Passionflix focus' on bringing best selling romance novels to the screen. Tosca has directed several feature films for the platform including Alessandra Torre's Hollywood Dirt, Sylvia Day's Afterburn/Aftershock, Rachel van Dyken's The Matchmaker's Playbook, K. Bromberg's Driven, and Jodi Ellen Malpas' The Protector.
Awards and recognition
|2007||Simple Things||Appalachian Film Festival | Governor's Golden Appy Award ||Won|
|2007||Simple Things||California Independent Film Festival | Slate Award ||Won|
|2007||Simple Things||International Family Film Festival | IFFF 'Spirit' Award ||Won|
Musk is a mother of twins.
- "Meet Elon Musk's Rather Impressive Family". 2oceansvibe.com.
- Kee, Tameka (19 May 2009). "paidContent.org - Tiki Bar TV Tests The Pay-To-Watch Webisode Model". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Robert Seidman (November 30, 2011). "Hallmark Channel Closes Out November on Top Continuing to Deliver The #1 & #2 Movies of the Week". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Model Maye Musk On Defying The Odds And Her Influence On Elon". forbes.com.
- Murray, Billy (20 November 2015). "THE UNTOLD STORY OF TOSCA MUSK AND THE RISE OF INTERNET TELEVISION". resourcemagonline.com. Resource Magazine. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- "Puzzled (2001)". IMDb. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Tosca Musk: Producer/Founder". Musk Entertainment. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Macworld 2005 Keynote presentation". Apple Inc. Archived from the original on 25 March 2009. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Blum, Matt. "Top 9 Ways to Celebrate Middle-Earth Day (GeekDad Wayback Machine)". Wired. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Doctor! I need a triple". canada.com. January 30, 2006. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Heather Green (January 23, 2006). "Is the Web the New Hollywood?". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Scott Woolley (3 July 2006). "Who Needs a Network?". Forbes. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Tosca Musk raises $4.75M for Passionflix, a streaming service that's all about romance – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "PassionFlix Is A Female-Led Streaming Service That Brings Romance Novels To The Small Screen". bustle.
- "Tosca Musk Launches Streaming Service That Celebrates The Female Gaze - Tubefilter". Tubefilter. 2018-02-01. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Awards". international movie data base.
- "California Independent Film Festival". caindiefest.
- "Past Awards". iffilmfest.
- Colleen Leahey (22 November 2013). "Elon Musk's mom on raising the Businessperson of the Year". fortune.com. Retrieved 1 August 2016.