University of Management and Technology (United States)
|Motto||committed to building futures|
|President||Dr. Yanping Chen|
|Dr. Davidson Frame (Academic Dean)|
|Location||Arlington, Virginia, USA|
The University of Management and Technology (UMT), located in Arlington, Virginia, United States, is an accredited institution of higher education offering undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs and professional development programs. Founded in 1998, UMT is authorized to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). Dr. Yanping Chen served as the founding President and Dr. Davidson Frame served as the founding Dean of the university.
Institutional accreditation is provided by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). DEAC is an authorized national accrediting agency of the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). UMT is an institutional member of CHEA.
UMT is approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of U.S. Department of Homeland Security to accept F-1 visa international students. UMT is also approved by U.S. Department of States to accept J-1 visa international exchange students.
UMT has been active in Project Management Institute (PMI) to promote project management as a profession. UMT's project management degree programs have specialized accreditation by the Global Accreditation Center of the Project Management Institute. UMT is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) and supports the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). The U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs has approved UMT for students to use the G.I. Bill benefits to attend.
- See List of Private Colleges published by State Council of higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) 
- The National Association of Asian American Professionals, 2013 NAAAP National Convention & Diversity Career Fair - Boston, (11 August 2013). "Speaker Profiles". past.naaapconvention.org.
- Project Management Institute. "PMI Fellow Profile". www.pmi.org.
- PMI Fellow, J. Davidson Frame, PhD, PMP, Project Management Institute.
- Message from the Dean, University of Management and Technology.
- Distance Education Accreditation Commission. "DEAC Accredited institutions". www.deac.org.
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation. "Database of Institutions & Programs Accredited by Recognized US Accrediting Orgs". chea.org.
- See UMT's webpage about accreditation at
- Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center. "PMI GAC Directory".
|This article about a university or college in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|