|Member of Parliament
for Gampaha Electoral District
08 April 2010 – 17 August 2015
June 26, 1984 |
|Political party||United National Party|
|United People's Freedom Alliance|
|Spouse(s)||Mahesh Chaminda Walawgamage (divorced. 2013)
Samantha Perera (m. 2016)
|Parents||Nirmalee de Silva Swarnamali|
|Residence||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Alma mater||Indian International School|
Upeksha Swarnamali (Sinhalese: උපේක්ෂා ස්වර්ණමාලි), also known as Swarnamali, is a Sri Lankan model, actress, politician and a former Member of Parliament of Sri Lanka. She gained popularity for her role on the television series PABA broadcast on Independent Television Network.
Born in Kuwait to Sri Lankan parents where she lived for 20 years before returning to Sri Lanka in 2004. She has studied at Indian International School, Kuwait and holds a Diploma in Dancing. Her mother named Nirmalee Swarnamali and her father is a tamil citizen. She said that she never know about her dad due to parents divorced where she was 4 years old. Swarnamali has another brother from another mother named J. Shehan Fernando.
Swarnamali was first married to Mahesh Chaminda, where she was assaulted by her husband and was hospitalised by heavy bruises and injuries. They divorced on 31 January 2013, by a court order from Colombo District Court. She is now married to a car sale owner Samantha Perera, where the wedding was celebrated on 13 March 2016.
Starting her career as a model, she appeared on several song videos including "Chanchala", and took a major role in the television drama series "PABA". She also participated in the reality dancing show Sirasa Dancing Stars, on 8 June 2008 she was eliminated. She had won the Sumathi Award for Best Upcoming Actress Award for Most popular actress sponsored by Vendol.
She gained national attention due to the controversial removal from the Paba teledrama aired by State run ITN, due to what she claimed as her open support for then opposition presidential candidate (General Sarath Fonseka).
She was elected as a member of the Sri Lanka Parliament in the 2010 General Elections held on 8 April 2010 representing the United National Party having obtained 813500 preferential votes being the second from Gampaha District UNP list. In June 2010, she steered controversy over an interview she gave on Derana TV. The interview caused great embarrassment to herself as well as the Sri Lankan public. Later she admitted that she lacked political knowledge and had no knowledge about Sri Lankan constitution.
Appearance in reality show Mega Star
She took part as a contestant in the Mega Star reality program organized by Swarnavahini, a leading TV broadcast station of Sri Lanka. She made it to the 4 finalists and voted the 4th in the Mega Star finals. 
MP Upeksha Swarnamali was appointed Monitoring Minister of Foreign Employment Promotion and Welfare by President Mahinda Rajapaksa from 2014.
She acted more teledramas than films since her beginning and popularity through teledramas. Her notable film career began with her latest film Cindrella.
|2007||Asai Man Piyabanna||Ranmalee's sister|
|2012||Bomba Saha Rosa|
- Be prepared to welcome Paba Daily Mirror, July 10, 2007
- "New faces in Parliament" (PDF). sundaytimes.lk. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Buzz with Danu: Upeksha Swarnamali". Life Online. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Paba-Mahesh divorce granted". Gossip Lanka News. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "'Paba'gets divorced". Daily Mirror. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Upeksha Swarnamali's New Marriage Life". Gossip Lanka News. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- I support SF willingly: Upeksha
- "Upeksha Swarnamali Talking About Her Knowledge Video by Derana TV | Upeksha admits that she lacks political knowledge". lankachannel.lk. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "The Island". island.lk. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Upeksha Swarnamali". National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 4 September 2016.