Kortejärvi Lake in Urjala
Location of Urjala in Finland
|Sub-region||Southern Pirkanmaa sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Hannu Maijala|
|• Total||475.18 km2 (183.47 sq mi)|
|• Land||475.22 km2 (183.48 sq mi)|
|• Water||30.16 km2 (11.64 sq mi)|
|Area rank||182nd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||180th largest in Finland|
|• Density||10.35/km2 (26.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.7%|
|• 15 to 64||61.6%|
|• 65 or older||24.7%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||21%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Pirkanmaa region, near Forssa. The municipality has a population of 4,919 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 475.18 square kilometres (183.47 sq mi) of which 30.16 km2 (11.64 sq mi) is water. The population density is 10.35 inhabitants per square kilometre (26.8/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Annula, Hakkila, Hakolahti, Halkivaha, Harittu, Honkola, Huhti, Kamppari, Kehro, Kokko, Laukeela, Menonen, Nuutajärvi, Perho, Puolimatka, Salmi, Tursa, Urjalankylä, Vahonen, Valajärvi, Velkala, Välkkilä
- Antti Eskola, writer and Professor Emeritus at the University of Tampere
- Aukusti Uotila, painter
- Astrid Reponen-Juvas, researcher and soldier
- Ilmari Saarinen, poet
- In The Mood, band
- Johan Hampus Furuhjelm, vice-admiral and explorer
- Jouko Norén, athlete
- Kerttu Nurminen, designer and glass artist
- Mummi Kutoo, band
- Oskar Uotila, poet and lecturer
- Väinö Linna, author
- Väinö Linna was born in Urjala, although he is most often referred to be from Tampere where he lived most of his adult life.
- The oldest glassblowing factory in Finland is located in the village of Nuutajärvi, Urjala.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Urjala at Wikimedia Commons
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|