Stone church of Tammela
Location of Tammela in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Kalle Larsson|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
It is located in the Tavastia Proper region. The municipality has a population of 6,063 (31 January 2019) and it covers an area of 715.15 square kilometres (276.12 sq mi) of which 74.72 square kilometres (28.85 sq mi) is inland water (2018-01-01). The population density is 9 inhabitants per square kilometre (23/sq mi) (31 January 2019).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Two national parks, Torronsuo National Park and Liesjärvi National Park, are located in Tammela municipality.
Tammela is also the name of a district in the city of Tampere.
Hevoniemi, Hykkilä, Häiviä, Kallio, Kankainen, Kaukjärvi, Kaukola, Kuuslammi, Kytö, Letku, Liesjärvi, Lunkaa, Mustiala, Myllykylä, Ojainen, Pappila, Patamo, Pikonkorpi, Porras, Riihivalkama, Saari, Sukula, Susikas, Taljala, Talpia, Tammela, Teuro, Torajärvi, Torro.
People born in Tammela
- Robert Wilhelm Lagerborg (1796 –1849)
- Toivo Alavirta (1890 – 1940)
- Rabbe Enckell (1903 – 1974)
- Eino Kujanpää (1904 – 1980)
- Antti Laaksonen (1972 –)
- Santeri Laine (1994-2017)
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "Luonnonsuojelu". Luonnonsuojelu Tammela. May 3, 2019. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- Media related to Tammela at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Tammela – Official website (in Finnish)
- Outinthenature.com – Kyynäränharju is a scenic ridge in Liesjärvi National Park
- Outinthenature.com – Torronsuo National Park, Finland’s deepest bog
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|