|• Municipality manager||Kalle Larsson|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
Tammela is a municipality of Finland. It is located in the Tavastia Proper region. The municipality has a population of 6,001 (31 March 2021) and it covers an area of 715.15 square kilometres (276.12 sq mi) of which 74.72 square kilometres (28.85 sq mi) is inland water (2018-01-01). The population density is 9 inhabitants per square kilometre (23/sq mi) (31 March 2021). The first mention of a village named Tammela was in documents from 1423.
Two national parks, Torronsuo National Park and Liesjärvi National Park, are located in Tammela municipality.
Hevoniemi, Hykkilä, Häiviä, Kallio, Kankainen, Kaukjärvi, Kaukola, Kuuslammi, Kytö, Letku, Liesjärvi, Lunkaa, Mustiala, Myllykylä, Ojainen, Pappila, Patamo, Pikonkorpi, Porras, Riihivalkama, Saari, Sukula, Susikas, Taljala, Talpia, Tammela, Teuro, Torajärvi, Torro.
People born in Tammela
- Robert Wilhelm Lagerborg (1796 –1849)
- Toivo Alavirta (1890 – 1940)
- Rabbe Enckell (1903 – 1974)
- Eino Kujanpää (1904 – 1980)
- Antti Laaksonen (1972 –)
- Santeri Laine (1994 – 2017)
- Elias Seppänen (2003 –)
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Luonnonsuojelu". Luonnonsuojelu Tammela. May 3, 2019. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- Media related to Tammela at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Tammela – Official website (in Finnish)
- Outinthenature.com – Kyynäränharju is a scenic ridge in Liesjärvi National Park
- Outinthenature.com – Torronsuo National Park, Finland’s deepest bog