Stone church of Tammela
Location of Tammela in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Kalle Larsson|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Tavastia Proper region. The municipality has a population of 6,348 (30 June 2015) and it covers an area of 715.12 square kilometres (276.11 sq mi) of which 74.72 square kilometres (28.85 sq mi) is inland water (2011-01-01). The population density is 10 inhabitants per square kilometre (26/sq mi) (30 June 2015).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Tammela is also the name of a district in the city of Tampere.
Hevoniemi, Hykkilä, Häiviä, Kallio, Kankainen, Kaukjärvi, Kaukola, Kuuslammi, Kytö, Letku, Liesjärvi, Lunkaa, Mustiala, Myllykylä, Ojainen, Pappila, Patamo, Pikonkorpi, Porras, Riihivalkama, Saari, Sukula, Susikas, Taljala, Talpia, Tammela, Teuro, Torajärvi, Torro.
People born in Tammela
- Robert Wilhelm Lagerborg (1796 –1849)
- Toivo Alavirta (1890 – 1940)
- Rabbe Enckell (1903 – 1974)
- Eino Kujanpää (1904 – 1980)
- Antti Laaksonen (1972 –)
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.06.2015" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|