Stone church of Tammela
Location of Tammela in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Kalle Larsson|
|• Density||0/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Tavastia Proper region. The municipality has a population of 6,160 (31 August 2017) and it covers an area of 640.39 square kilometres (247.26 sq mi) of which 74.72 square kilometres (28.85 sq mi) is inland water (2016-01-01). The population density is 10 inhabitants per square kilometre (26/sq mi) (31 August 2017).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Tammela is also the name of a district in the city of Tampere.
Hevoniemi, Hykkilä, Häiviä, Kallio, Kankainen, Kaukjärvi, Kaukola, Kuuslammi, Kytö, Letku, Liesjärvi, Lunkaa, Mustiala, Myllykylä, Ojainen, Pappila, Patamo, Pikonkorpi, Porras, Riihivalkama, Saari, Sukula, Susikas, Taljala, Talpia, Tammela, Teuro, Torajärvi, Torro.
People born in Tammela
- Robert Wilhelm Lagerborg (1796 –1849)
- Toivo Alavirta (1890 – 1940)
- Rabbe Enckell (1903 – 1974)
- Eino Kujanpää (1904 – 1980)
- Antti Laaksonen (1972 –)
- Santeri Laine (1994-2017)
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, elokuu 2017" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- Media related to Tammela at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Tammela – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|