||This article is an autobiography and has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (January 2014)|
Mr. Matté (born 1990), also known as Mr. Matt or Matt, is a Wikipedia editor, reviewer, and autopatrolled user. His main areas of focus is creating and maintaining articles and media relating to highways within the scope of the U.S. Roads Wikiproject (WP:USRD) though he does edit other sections.
Mr. Matté's first experience with Wikipedia occurred c. 2004 when he found the mirror site, TheFreeDictionary. Eventually, he migrated to the source wiki and started editing on Wikipedia under that name on April 6, 2007. Matt's edits early on dealt with creating articles for roads near his New Jersey home and articles on United States gubernatorial elections in past years. He contributed scalable vector graphics to these articles using Inkscape such as highway shields, election maps, and municipality maps of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In 2009, Matt also participated in reducing the number of New Jersey and Pennsylvania articles missing coordinates by inserting the Coord template and associated coordinate location of many places in those states. Between late 2009 and May 2012, Matt wound down his editing on Wikipedia as he was progressing through college but became an active editor again in May 2012 by beginning to add Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files to WP:USRD pages. In February 2013, though starting a full-time job, Matt began reducing the number of WP:USRD articles requiring maps by creating highway maps for articles about roads in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. As of January 2014, Matt is continuing to work on creating maps for Ohio state highways and once finished, will likely create road maps for another state's highways.
Other areas of interest to Matt include American politician and election articles, New Jersey municipalities, and adding photos of sites around Central Jersey. Unlike many experienced editors,[who?] Matt does not use any automatic editors such as bots, Twinkle, or AWB; all of his edits are made directly from the Wikipedia text editor (also known as "Edit Source" in the VisualEditor era).
- Bannered routes of U.S. Route 58
- Helen F. Holt
- It's Anybody's Guess
- Kathleen A. Marchione
- List of county routes in Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- List of former state routes in Ohio (1–49)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (50–130)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (142–219)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (223–270)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (271–352)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (354–568)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (569–673)
- List of former state routes in Ohio (675–824)
- New Jersey General Assembly, 2012–14 term
- New Jersey gubernatorial election, 1993
- New Jersey Senate, 2014–15 term
- Ohio State Route 258
- Ohio State Route 259
- Ohio State Route 260
- Ohio State Route 264
- Ohio State Route 276
- Ohio State Route 285
- Ohio State Route 296
- Ohio State Route 316
- Ohio State Route 321
- Ohio State Route 326 (1930s)
- Ohio State Route 326 (1930s–1960s)
- Ohio State Route 340
- Ohio State Route 342
- Ohio State Route 356
- Ohio State Route 361
- Ohio State Route 514
- Ohio State Route 524
- Ohio State Route 529
- Ohio State Route 536
- Ohio State Route 541
- Ohio State Route 542
- Ohio State Route 564
- Ohio State Route 574
- Ohio State Route 646
- Ohio State Route 647
- Ohio State Route 651
- Ohio State Route 658
- Ohio State Route 668
- Ohio State Route 674
- Ohio State Route 729
- Ohio State Route 733
- Ohio State Route 734
- Ohio State Route 753
- Ohio State Route 756
- Ohio State Route 771
- Pennsylvania Route 413
- Pennsylvania Route 487
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1978
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1980
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1981
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1982
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1983
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1984
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1985
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1986
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1987
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1988
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1989
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1990
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1993
- United States gubernatorial elections, 1994
This list does not include KML files created in the Template namespace.
KML files created
See also: Too much time on my hands
Mr. Matté has received following barnstars:
|Title||User||Date / time||Reason|
|The Working Man's Barnstar||User:Moabdave||1February 12, 2008; 22:28||For fixing up Nevada highway shields|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar||User:Dough4872||2September 3, 2012; 23:32||For creating KMLs for road articles|
|The Michigan State Highways Barnstar||User:Imzadi1979||3October 14, 2012; 18:57||For creating KMLs for Michigan road articles|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar||User:TCN7JM||4January 20, 2013; 17:28||For creating countless KMLs and work on the list of state highways in Alabama|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar||User:Dough4872||5February 10, 2013; 22:18||For making Delaware road maps|
|The WikiProject U.S. Roads Contributor Barnstar||User:TCN7JM||6March 10, 2013; 01:42||For creating maps for South Dakota road articles|
|The Special Barnstar||User:Jgera5||7March 15, 2013; 17:14||For adding a map for the Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike article|
|The WikiProject U.S. Roads Contributor Barnstar||User:Jgera5||8July 18, 2013; 16:30||For creating a map for the Mon–Fayette Expressway article|
|Winner of the 2014 WP:HWY/CUP||User:TCN7JM||9September 1, 2014; 07:13||For winning the 2014 WikiProject Highways/HWY Cup|
|The Photographer's Barnstar||User:Tinton5||10May 11, 2015; 01:57||For improving and adding pics to various NJ-related pages|
|The Graphic Designer's Barnstar (via Commons)||User:Cugel06||11May 11, 2015; 01:57||For the SVG map of Minnesota by U.S. House District|
Did you know?
Mr. Matté has been a part of the following edit conflicts:
- Leesburg, Ohio and Mowrystown, Ohio (October–December 2013) – Large gallery of unencylopedic photos added to both articles, I removed the galleries and replaced with a link to the Commons, was reverted multiple times over the three months.
- Lieutenant Governor of New Jersey (January 2014) – I replaced the adjective "Democrat" (in referring to the Democratic Party) with the adjective "Democratic," was reverted due to a claim that the epithet is used in New Jersey newspapers regularly
The "é" in Mr. Matté can be created on Windows computers by hitting Alt+0233 (on the numeric keypad with Num lock on). See also É. Alternatively, you may copy and paste the username from any talk page or subpage of User:Mr. Matté. If a link to the main user page or talk page is required and either solution is not possible or practicable, User:Mr. Matte and User talk:Mr. Matte redirect to the correct location.
Matt is a graduate of the Rutgers University School of Engineering with a B.S. in civil engineering. He is currently working as an engineer in training in New Jersey. He lives in East Windsor Township and in addition to editing articles, bikes, enjoys old game shows and participates in local Democratic Party activities.
- User contributions for Mr. Matté
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Barnstar
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Thank_you!
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Thank you.
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Barnstar 2
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Yet...another...barnstar (you deserve it!)
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Abandoned PA Turnpike Barnstar
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 6#Mon-Fayette Expressway Barnstar
- User talk:Mr. Matté#Congratulations, you've earned it!
- A barnstar for you!
- A barnstar for you!
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 6#DYK for Helen F. Holt
- User talk:Mr. Matté#DYK for Ohio State Route 212
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Reviewer
- User talk:Mr. Matté/Archive 5#Autopatrolled