I am currently a Electrical Engineering/Photonics student at Michigan Tech. I plan to continue here for my Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. Languages are of particular interest to me and this is the area I generally focus on at Wikipedia.
Michigan Tech (creator)
Some highlights from my Spanish education/experience:
- Received personal tutoring in fifth grade as an extra challenge.
- High school Spanish studies from 9th through 11th grade (All A's).
- Placement by exam into third year Spanish (highest possible result) at Michigan Tech.
- Two semesters of Spanish at Michigan Tech for completed minor (Spring 2006 and Fall 2007).
- Spanish language consultant at the Michigan Tech language lab (originally hired for German) in 2007.
I've learned German mostly on my own. Here are some highlights:
- 5 week short term exchange in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany in 2004.
- Continued relationship with former host-family.
- Placement by exam into third year German (highest possible result) at Michigan Tech.
- Two semesters of German at Michigan Tech for completed minor.
- 5 week trip to former host-family in 2006.
- Hired as German consultant at the Michigan Tech language lab in 2007.
- 4 week trip to former host-family in 2008.
- 3 month internship at Gentex GmbH in Erlenbach, Germany in 2008.
- 3.5 week trip to Rostock and Schleswig-Holstein in 2009.
I briefly studied Swedish before starting German. I occasionally spend time with Koine Greek, but have never made a genuine effort to learn it well. I have also spent minor efforts learning Italian and French.