- 1 Welcome Mediaoutlets!
- 2 Your recent edits
- 3 June 2013
- 4 Majid Rafizadeh
- 5 Mediaoutlets, you are invited to the Teahouse
- 6 Teahouse talkback
- 7 Teahouse talkback: you've got messages!
- 8 Article for deletion
- 9 Your use of multiple Wikipedia accounts
- 10 Citations needed
- 11 Working Space
- 12 Disambiguation link notification for September 12
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for September 28
Your recent edits
- Add four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment; or
- With the cursor positioned at the end of your comment, click on the signature button ( or ) located above the edit window.
This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is necessary to allow other editors to easily see who wrote what and when.
Please do not remove maintenance templates from pages on Wikipedia, as you did to Majid Rafizadeh, without resolving the problem that the template refers to, or giving a valid reason for the removal in the edit summary. Your removal of this template does not appear constructive, and has been reverted. Thank you. Farhikht (talk) 14:08, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi and thanks. Please read this article to know more about sources. In simple words, I can say that generally Wikipedia doesn't use self-published articles as a source. I point you out also to this article. About Alireza Nader, I just added it to my list to review it soon.Farhikht (talk) 15:01, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello Farhikht, do you think undoing most of the thing that one of unknown major contributor did will help.
Mediaoutlets, you are invited to the Teahouse
Teahouse talkback: you've got messages!
Article for deletion
I am trying to help you but registering another account User:Sandrkam to make comments at the articles for deletion discussion is not helpful. Creating a second account to avoid detection atht he discussion page is not allowed - See WP:SOCKPUPPET. Please do not do this again. Flat Out let's discuss it 02:27, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
Your use of multiple Wikipedia accounts
In the article Majid Rafizadeh it says:
"Rafizadeh was the president of a human rights organization in Iran and Syria which spoke against alleged corruption, lack of freedom of assembly, the press and speech by the Syrian and Iranian governments." can you please tell me what the name of that organisation is? Flat Out let's discuss it 04:38, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Flat Out , in the book that I posted on your talk page, it is called Sazman Hoghogh Bashari va Madani ( civil and human rights organization) which was working without the awareness of the Syrian and Iranian government. If there are no enough citations, you can remove the sentence in addition to the previous one that needs citation. This can at least hopefully resolve the issue that you kindly listed. Mediaoutlets (talk) 05:00, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, I will see if I can find a suitable source. To answer your other question, there are two easy ways to thanks someone. You can go to "View History" on an article where good work has been done and click "thank" next to the edit you are thankful for. The editor then gets a notification that you said thank-you. The other way is to award a barnstar that best meets the editor's efforts. You do that by find the correct barnstar, copying the template code and putting it on the user's talk page. If you look at my talk page you will an editor gave me a barnstar for tackling vandalism at the article Macklemore. Flat Out let's discuss it 05:10, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Flat Out , is it ok later, the major publications and regular appearances of this person be added as well such as pages like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vali_Nasr , Mediaoutlets (talk) 05:07, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- You really did not need to do that that. I didn't do any more than any other editor does everyday but I do thank you for the kind thought. You got the gender right too :) Flat Out let's discuss it 05:39, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Flat Out , just one thing. I really do not want to look like as if I am disturbing you a lot. But this is significant. The page, even according to Plot Spoiler and others have been completely cleaned up and become neutral. The page remained by speedy keep. It is cleaned up. And according to Wiki policies, if the page can be cleaned up, there should not be a the template of neutrality issue. The template is still there. Everything from before was almost deleted. You are now the major contributor who rigorously cleaned it up. How the template can be addressed? Since this person is prolific writer, his name is regularly being searched and this template is up there, although Wikipedia is suggesting that it can be moved. Mediaoutlets (talk) 06:53, 20 June 2013 (UTC)I promise not to bug you more.
- I have answered this on my talk page. The BLP refimprove notice needs to stay until everything is referenced. The COI template stays until those vandalising the page have stopped. Flat Out let's discuss it 09:14, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello Flat Out , I fully understand. I wanted to mention just the following wiki page made me confused. If you read it, and I am sure you have read all of these before, you will see that there are 3 DON'ts . Does not this article fall in those three to remove one of the templates? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:COI Everything from before was removed, cleaned up, and even many editors acknowledged that even the one who posted it Plot Spoiler who withdrew his nomination and stated that. As for the Vandelasim goes, the page has been protected because it says that the page is popular and some have been putting negative things. Vandalism does not have to do anything with the template, according to the wiki site. It has to do with the semi-protection. The page has been semi- protected for that. Vandalism seems not to fall on those three Don'ts and not connected to the template. Mediaoutlets (talk) 12:50, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Flat Out , you deserve the medal and other banister for hard working and keeping wiki pages according to standards and more importantly up-to-date. If you look at pages such as Vali Nasr, Karim Sadjadpour, Mehdi Khalaji .. You would see that they have following information even without sources or based on self published sources. Since you are in charge of, responsible of this page and since you mentioned you will watch it to be up-to-date and prevent vandalism, I spent today providing sources for the following and other pages. I will update other pages myself. These things below are usually mentioned in leading scholars or journalist pages, as you see for the people listed above. Do you think you can use the ones below to have an up-to-date page and relevant one to the journalism and scholarships.
I have created a new page for you, it is a subpage of your userpage. The link to this page is User:Mediaoutlets/Drafts and you can click this link to get there: Link To Working Space
I have moved your proposed citations to that page so you can work on them and learn how to reference properly which is something I can help you with when I have time. Flat Out let's discuss it 05:49, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- Flat Out , appreciate it. I was wondering if your comment on my talk page here, when I just started, whether will stay forever. Is there anyway that these two comments in the middle of the page, can be reconsidered or removed. I apologize I did not know the rules. Mediaoutlets (talk) 02:15, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- Flat Out , I really spent half a day to learn writing resources and did my best on this excerise page, can you check if you have time. Some text is not showing up. Mediaoutlets (talk) 04:19, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- Flat Out , if you had free time, it would be appreciated if you can check the work page, since you are some sort of watching the page.. If you also think of posting them on the page , it would be greatly appreciated. Mediaoutlets (talk) 13:57, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hello Flat Out , I did what you advised. I put the references on the talk page so others comment. Can you comment.Mediaoutlets (talk) 13:42, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Majid Rafizadeh, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages ABC, RT and CTV (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Majid Rafizadeh, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page American (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.