|"You have new messages" was designed for a purpose: letting people know you have replied to them. I do not watch your talk page and I will likely IGNORE your reply if it is not copied to my page, as I will not be aware that you replied! Thank you.|
Talk page archives
- 1 ARCA
- 2 user:Im4god back
- 3 About T1-R9 WELS
- 4 WV Rumor
- 5 User:Shxahxh
- 6 Um...
- 7 Correct block?
- 8 Editing a Copyright free image
- 9 Help with photos?
- 10 Your help desk question
- 11 Point of assistance
- 12 Hello there!
- 13 Need Help :( I am being continuously Hounded and Harassed by User Hijiri88. I really need assistance.....
- 14 Nomination for merging of Template:Education in the Isle of Man
- 15 Speedy deletion nomination of Jeffrey Glover
- 16 Birth place nationalities in infoboxes
- 17 🙏🏼 listed at Redirects for discussion
- 18 Citations Needed -- Mansoor Ijaz Article
- 19 Nomination of BrowseAloud for deletion
An amendment request, requesting suspension of Remedy 3 of Catflap08 and Hijiri88 case has been archived at Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Catflap08 and Hijiri88. The case has been amended as following:
Remedy 3 (Hijiri88: Topic ban (I)) of the Catflap08 and Hijiri88 arbitration case is suspended for a period of six months. During the period of suspension, this restriction may be reinstated by any uninvolved administrator, as an arbitration enforcement action, should Hijiri88 fail to adhere to any normal editorial process or expectations in the area defined in the topic ban remedy. After six months from the date this motion is enacted, if the restriction has not been reinstated or any reinstatements have been successfully appealed to the Arbitration Committee, the restriction will automatically lapse.
- Passed 8 to 0 with 1 abstention by motion at 12:38, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
About T1-R9 WELS
This article is up for speedy deletion. You identified it as a survey township back in 2008. The only thing I can find about it is this building permit published online in 2014 or so by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry.
The speedy deletion tag is technically incorrect, as the WP:A7 doesn't apply to localities like survey townships. (I don't really understand what a survey township is, so to be quite honest, I'm guessing here.) I have WP:BOLDly decided, erm, not to do any at all about about the article.
What do you think about this? (The article, that is, not about my pusillanimous decision not to actually do anything.) Pete AU aka --Shirt58 (talk) 10:14, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
There is a local rumor in Raleigh County WVB that they are trying to get Helen, West Virginia declared as part of a National Historic site?? I have pics of Helen and can update, BUT just so you knowCoal town guy (talk) 14:45, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
You recently blocked this user for persistent vandalism. Unfortunately, it seems to have been to no avail. As soon as the block expired, he decided to continue with the same disruptive editorial pattern. Its the typical stuff thats is extremely tiresome to deal with;
- Never uses sources
- Changes existing content without edit summary/sources
- When he's confronted, he just waits a bit, then returns making the same edit telling that "sources aren't needed"(f.e )
- Changes existing content without edit summary to make it fit with his editorial POV (pro-Hazaras, pro-Persianising of the Hazaras (f.e ~--)
- Never cares about warnings(f.e. )
- Uses fake edit summaries (f.e. )
It is very easy to make good edits (i.e. fixing typos) on obscure subjects. It is also very easy to make bad ones, to make deliberately bad ones, to knowingly insert content ranging from distortions to blatant lies to make the articles follow your agenda. And it is easy for that faulty content to remain there because of the obscurity and specialization of the subject. Given the fact thats its 1) going on for a pretty long time 2) we see 0 improvement 3) he doesn't seem to care in the slightest, I think we can safely conclude that user "Shxahxh" with his editorial mission is simply WP:NOTHERE. - LouisAragon (talk) 17:12, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
I'm hoping there is hilarity here - but generally, leaving a person blocked in this situation - not so good.  Any reason I shouldn't be unblocking immediately? WormTT(talk) 00:07, 9 January 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, Iridescent has unblocked. Can't say I'm impressed though. Randomly blocking users hasn't been an "in thing" for 10 years. WormTT(talk) 00:09, 9 January 2018 (UTC)
- Seeing the above from Worm, you can disregard my question.
— Berean Hunter (talk) 00:14, 9 January 2018 (UTC)
Editing a Copyright free image
Nyttend, I have a stupid question and I thought you or one of your page lurkers could help out. I am in the process of expanding the WV State Capitol page, SURPRISE. ANYWAY, there are images on wiki commons that are Copyright free, HOWEVER, I would need to edit them to show a specific architectural feature of the Captiol building. Is this allowed?Coal town guy (talk) 02:02, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you and Derivative it is, when I upload the derivative image, how do I denote that? I FINALLY got a copy of Cass Gilberts WV State Capitoland the texts on symbols in the dome are GREAT, and I do not have the camera required to get the jaw dropping detail you can get on the commons.Do you know of a specific example I can see so that I do not piss off the copyright tribe? BY THE WAY, great pics of Boone and Fayette Counties. I had the real world intrude and thus my next trip will be in May. I hope we get a person who has a pic of the Bloomingrose WV post Office.....Its just a cool name, isnt it?Coal town guy (talk) 02:27, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Help with photos?
A major reason for my commenting at Talk:Cleveland was to see if I could get a response from someone in the Cleveland area, so thank you :-) I see that Commons:Special:Contributions/Ryecatcher773 is almost empty, but if you have a camera and some time to drive, could you try to help with a project of mine? For the last three years, I've been working on illustrating all municipalities and townships in Ohio, and it's now 98% done (just 42 places remain out of 2,352 places), but as I don't live in Ohio anymore, it's rather hard to work on it now. My project page is User:Nyttend/Ohio; from there you can see that all of the counties with any un-illustrated locations either border Cuyahoga County or border the bordering counties. If you could contribute, it would be quite helpful. Nyttend (talk) 00:17, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- I would absolutely love to help you out, man... problem is, I currently live on the South Side of Chicago. Up until about a year ago, I was going back and forth regularly (monthly) to Cleveland. But that relationship hit the skids and now I'm not making the bee-line back home. I don't really foresee being in the area any time in the near future, however, if I do, I will definitely snap you some photos for the articles that need them. Cheers. Ryecatcher773 (talk) 05:11, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the response note. I, too, used to be in the area some; Cuyahoga County's done because I got pictures for all remaining communities a year ago, but I've since transferred to an in-town doctor because they're closer than my former doctors at the Cleveland Clinic. Do you know any active editors in northeast Ohio? Nyttend (talk) 13:11, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- I know quite a few people in NEO, unfortunately none of them are on Wikipedia.They're all kinda lame that way. Ryecatcher773 (talk) 18:30, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Your help desk question
Point of assistance
Looks like look at this and see what needs to be done? He seems to be thinking his continuously corrosive behavior is acceptable here, no matter how many blocks he's already received for such things in the past. Any help would be appreciated. — Coffee // have a ☕️ // beans // 15:30, 22 January 2018 (UTC)is back to casting aspersions again about literally policy-following administrative activity. Could you
- Coffee, I'm willing to look into it, but I need more evidence, and I'm not interested in discussing this on-wiki. Would you mind enabling email, so we can discuss it that way? Nyttend (talk) 23:03, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
Why did you protected this page? https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Misuse_of_the_sandbox&action=history --2601:205:C100:424D:A1FE:D61E:16CC:4566 (talk) 04:02, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
- Because almost all non-confirmed people editing it have mistaken it for a sandbox. Nyttend (talk) 05:37, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
Need Help :( I am being continuously Hounded and Harassed by User Hijiri88. I really need assistance.....
|WP:ANI report was filed with the same wording five minutes after this thread was opened, closing per WP:FORUMSHOP. Beeblebrox (talk) 09:09, 27 January 2018 (UTC)|
I really need help. This has gone too much for a small editor like me to handle. User User:Hijiri88 is Hounding WP:HOUND me, Harassing WP:HAR me, and threatening to permanently block me under false accusations. I tried to use the Administrator's Notice Board, but was not aware of using it properly.
Initially, I was dealing with content removal events on the page: Goguryeo. Editor User:Zanhe was blanking multiple phrases and multiple sources that supported them. He also altered the details of several statements to contradict or misrepresent the sources supporting them. For these reasons, I have accused him of vandalism (as well as other charges), warned him, and requested the article to be protected. The article itself has now been protected by another administrator who viewed my request. However, after the protection has taken place, User:Zanhe pinged User:Hijiri88 on the Goguryeo talk page. User:Hijiri88 has ever since supported User:Zanhe by claiming that my charges were "bogus", "illegitimate", and that 'it does not qualify for vandalism'. And now he is threatening to block me for "false accusations". Additionally, he threatened to block me for "personal attacks", simply because I acknowledged the pattern of him changing his words, simply ignoring certain details, and distorting sentences. He accused me of 'renaming talk page sections' and also threatened me for that - it was renamed, but it was renamed to a different neutral name because it was unorderly. However, on his talk page, it notices: "I reserve the right to remove all or part of any comment that I find personally offensive or that others have requested be removed". He surprisingly claimed my word, "Sinocentrism" to be 'racist' while he freely uses the phrase "Korean-Ethnonationalism". I simply cannot deal with this continuous and hypocritical all-denying behavior. It only appears to me that he is defending User:Zanhe while selecting me as a Hounding target simply because my reversals in Goguryeo (which is protected now) were contradictory to his own set of opinions and beliefs. I am in a great deal of need of assistance. Please help me get out of this faultless misery. Thanks. Discussion Links:here, here, and here Wandrative (talk) 05:42, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Education in the Isle of Man
Template:Education in the Isle of Man has been nominated for merging with Template:Isle of Man. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Steven (Editor) (talk) 23:38, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Jeffrey Glover
A tag has been placed on Jeffrey Glover, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G11 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the page seems to be unambiguous advertising which only promotes a company, group, product, service, person, or point of view and would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. Please read the guidelines on spam and Wikipedia:FAQ/Organizations for more information.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the . Pichpich (talk) 21:46, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Birth place nationalities in infoboxes
🙏🏼 listed at Redirects for discussion
Citations Needed -- Mansoor Ijaz Article
Good morning Sir
Would you be kind enough to deal with the "Citations Needed" markups by GorgeCustersSabre on February 14th? All the citations are already in the article but I guess this Editor wants them up top in the preamble as well. If you need help locating what goes where, let me know and I will point you to the best source for that particular point of reference.
- Good evening Nyttend,
- Appreciate you taking time to deal with the Citations issue -- seems GorgeCustersSabre is still not happy. Do we really need an edit war on such a trivial topic in this article? Can you perhaps have a chat with the editor on his talk page to get this sorted? I feel your position is correct, but don't have the working knowledge of Wiki rules to say with certainty. Please advise.
- The use of the words "edit war" is inappropriate. You are supposed to assume good faith. I have rights as an editor to exercise reasonable judgement. In my judgement the introduction is excessive. It's far too full of detail. In this case, citations would help, rather than having to sift through the content below. Best regards, George Custer's Sabre (talk) 03:17, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
Nomination of BrowseAloud for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/BrowseAloud (3rd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. KTC (talk) 15:14, 20 February 2018 (UTC)