Victor Woodward Milán|
August 3, 1954
Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.
February 13, 2018 (aged 63)|
Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.
Victor Woodward Milán (August 3, 1954 in Tulsa, Oklahoma – February 13, 2018 in Albuquerque, New Mexico) was an American writer known for libertarian science fiction and an interest in cybernetics.
In 1986 he won the Prometheus Award for Cybernetic Samurai. He has also written several shared universe works for the Forgotten Realms, Star Trek, BattleTech and Wild Cards series. He has also written books under the pseudonyms Richard Austin (Jove Books "The Guardians" series), Robert Baron (Jove Books "Stormrider" series), and S. L. Hunter ("Steele" series with Simon Hawke, who used the pen name J. D. Masters). He also wrote at least 9 novels under the "house name" of James Axler for the Harlequin Press/Gold Eagle Books "Deathlands" and "Outlanders" series. He has published almost 100 novels and numerous short stories.
- Guardians series [as Richard Austin]
- The Guardians (1985)
- Trial by Fire (1985)
- Thunder of Hell (1985)
- Night of the Phoenix (1985)
- Armageddon Run (1986)
- War Zone (1986)
- Brute Force (1987)
- Desolation Road (1987)
- Vengeance Day (1987)
- Freedom Fight (1987)
- Valley of the Gods (1988)
- The Plague Years (1988)
- Devil's Deal (1989)
- Death from Above (1990)
- Snake Eyes (1990)
- Death Charge (1991)
- Stormrider series [as Robert Baron]
- Stormrider (1992)
- River of Fire (1993)
- Lord of the Plains (1993)
- Donovan Steele series [as S. L. Hunter]
- Fugitive Steele (1991)
- Molten Steele (1991)
- Battletech series
- Close Quarters (1994)
- Hearts of Chaos (1996)
- Black Dragon (1996)
- War of Powers
- The Sundered Realm (1980) with Robert E. Vardeman
- The City in the Glacier (1980) with Robert E. Vardeman
- The Destiny Stone (1980) with Robert E. Vardeman
- The Fallen Ones (1982) with Robert E. Vardeman
- In the Shadow of Omizantrim (1982) with Robert E. Vardeman
- Demon of the Dark Ones (1982) with Robert E. Vardeman
Star Trek: TOS
- From the Depths (1993)
- Wild Cards
- Turn of the Cards (1993)
- War in Tethyr (1995) with Walter Velez
- Flight of the Falcon (2004)
- A Rending of Falcons (2007)
- Rogue Angel series [as Alex Archer]
- Solomon's Jar (2006)
- The Chosen (2007)
- The Lost Scrolls (2007)
- Secret of the Slaves (2007)
- The Dinosaur Lords Series
A series of six books set in a world named Paradise. The first trilogy of the main 6 books is called The Ballad of Karyl's Last Ride. According to the author there will be other short stories and novellas and novels that takes place in Paradise beside the main series.
- The Dinosaur Lords (28 July 2015)
- The Dinosaur Knights (5 July 2016)
- The Dinosaur Princess (15 August 2017) ISBN 978-0-7653-3298-1
- Runespear (1987) with Melinda M. Snodgrass
- Red Sands (1992)
- CLD (1995)
- "Victor Milán (1954-2018)".
- grrm (13 February 2018). "Another Ace Falls".
- Heck, Peter J. (March 25, 1990). "Battle of the Titans", The Washington Post, p. L10.
- "James Axler". Fantasticfiction.co.uk. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- Emery, C. Eugene Jr. (October 13, 1985). "Science Fiction: The Cybernetic Samurai, by Victor Milan", The Providence Journal, p. I-07.
- Carroll, Michael J. (December 1, 1985). "Fiction: The Cybernetic Samurai. Victor Milan", Los Angeles Times, p. 12.
- (March 26, 1986). "Ultimate computer falls victim to its own code", Richmond Times-Dispatch, p. 13.
- Jones, David E. (April 15, 1990). "The devilishly satiric trials of God's only daughter", Chicago Tribune, p. 6.
- "In which I am sumarily executed". Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-01-28.