|• Total||12.22 km2 (4.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||44 m (144 ft)|
|• Density||860/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Vikravandi had a population of 10,141. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Vikravandi has an average literacy rate of 74%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 81%, and female literacy is 66%. In Vikravandi, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of worship
- Jamia Pallivasal
- Bhuvaneshwarar temple
- Catholic church
- Omshakthi temple
- Mariaman temple
- Veedur Dam
- Lord Maruti temple
- Thenpair E.Ashok aka Ashoklee
- toll gate
- Namthu VIDIYAL Trust in pidaripattu(director mahimai savari
Colleges around Vikravandi
- Government Villupuram medical college and hospital,Mundiyampakkam
- Surya Group of Institutions, Vikravandi
- AR Engineering College, Kappiyampuliyur
- ES Nursing College, Vikravandi
- Mailam Engineering college,Mailam
In the 2000s Vikravandi was one of the panchayat in the district of Villupuram. Vikravandi's economy was very poor at the time. The two third of the vikravandi was built by huts.[clarification needed] Many people migrated from Vikravandi other cities in Tamil Nadu. But within 12 years it was announced as one of the taluka in Viluppuram district and one of the constitutional assembly in Tamil Nadu. More than 60 villages were under the constitution of Vikravandi. Even some villages got their initial as vikravandi.[clarification needed] Now, It has been well developed taluk in villupuram district, still it needs more facilities like fire stations, etc. From old days to now, vikravandi is very famous for Rice production.
Many students from the Vikravandi study in nearby schools and colleges. Others go to Chennai for their higher studies. Govt High School, Govt Girls School, Minerva School, Saint Mary's Higher Sec. School, Surya Engineering College, Abdul Gafoor ITI are located in Vikravandi.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Vikravandi
- Ramakrishnan, Deepa (3 January 2012). "New collection system takes a toll of TNSTC special buses". Chennai. The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Next station northbound:
|South Line, Chennai Suburban||Next station southbound:
|Stop number: 44||KM from start: 149.92|