After joining Ann Wigmore's Boston-based Rising Sun Christianity movement, Kulvinskas co-founded, with Wigmore, the Hippocrates Health Institute, a health resort in the United States, in the late 1960s  where he was Director of Research, and is active in the living foods movement.
Viktoras Kulvinskas was born in Kaunas, Lithuania during World War II. He received his M.S. Degree in pure mathematics from the University of Connecticut, where he later taught mathematics.
After co-founding the Hippocrates Health Institute, he began 35 years operating as a practitioner in the area of holistic treatments and techniques. He is also a lecturer, chef, and a Bishop of the First Christian Essene Church of Christ (San Diego, California).
As a nutritionist, he was the personal health consultant to comedian/activist Dick Gregory during his 900-mile run for peace, and has been a Nutritional and Education Director at Gregory’s Obesity & Substance Abuse Resorts (Florida & Bahamas). His theories on cancer were practised at the Hippocrate Institute, and documented in his book "Survival in the 21st Century", along with his theories on a new model of menstruation with program to eliminate PMS.
Speaker and advocate
After opening a culinary school in 2002, Kulvinskas continued to be active in enzymatic theories and development of foods, as well as lecturing and writing in the field of alternative wellness and enzymatic therapies. He was one of the first to popularize the long out-of-print works of Chicago enzyme researcher Dr. Edward Howell (October 30, 1898 - March 30, 1988) of the Lindlahr Sanitarium (Illinois). Kulvinskas was also one of the first to promote sprouts, algae, wheatgrass, plant enzymes and herbal formulations to offset the claimed impact of cooked foods, environmental pollution and inherited weaknesses.
Kulvinskas currently offers lectures and retreats on healthy living at his home in Montezuma, Costa Rica. 
Kulvinskas received "The Lifetime of Achievement Award" at the "2000 Raw Food Culinary Showcase", Jamaica, where he was a keynote speaker. He was also awarded the "Live Food Culinary Chef and Instructor" Certificate of Accomplishment by the Light Culinary Institute.
- Don't Die Without Enzymes
- Life in the Twenty-First Century, 21st Century Publications
- For The Love Of A Sprout, Connecticut: OMango Press, 1970s
- Love Your Body: Live Food Recipes, with Dick Gregory, 1972
- Love Your Body: Or, How To Be A Live Food Lover, Mass: OMango Press, 1972
- Love Your Body: Or, How To Be A Live Food Lover, with Dick Gregory, 1975
- Survival Into The 21st Century: Natural Planetary Healer's Manual, Connecticut: OMango d'Press, 1975
- Sprout For The Love Of Everybody, Survival Foundation, 1978
- The New Age Health Directory Holistic Health Guide, 1978
- Survival Into The 21st Century: Natural Planetary Healer's Manual, 1979
- The New Age Health Directory Holistic Health Guide, 1981
- Survival Into The 21st Century: Natural Planetary Healer's Manual, 21st Century Publications, 1981
- Sprout For The Love Of Everybody, 1988
- The Lover's Diet, 2000s
- Survival Into The 21st Century: A Planetary Healer's Handbook, (Millennium Edition), Arizona: Ihopea Incorporated, 2002, 318 pages, with New Foreword.
- Survival Into The 21st Century: A Planetary Healer's Handbook, Woodstock Valley, Ct.: 21st Century Publications, 2006
- Raw Survival (DVD), 2008
- Survival In The 21st Century: Planetary Healer's Manual, Book Publishing Company, 2010
Other language editions
- Sund med Spirer: næringsindholdet i spirer og græs, oversat af Arne Herløv Petersen, Thaning & Appel, 1985. Denmark, Schlagwörter: Helse, Kogeböger.
- Le Mythe Menstruel: La Menstruation est-elle Nécessaire à la Santé et à La Fécondité?, with Ann Wigmore, Morges: M. Dégallier, 1986
- L'elixir Vert du Rajeunissement, Morges: M. Dégallier, 1986
- L'importance de La Nutrition pour le Développement Oculaire et la Fonction Visuelle, Morges: M. Dégallier, 1986
- Comment Passer du Végétarisme au Respirianisme, Morges: M. Dégallier, 1986
- Nutrición En La Nueva Era, Mandala Ediciones, 1992, ISBN 84-86961-51-3, ISBN 978-84-86961-51-0
- Leben und Überleben: Kursbuch im 21. Jahrhundert, by Viktoras Kulvinskas; Ursula von Wiese, München: Hirthammer, 2001
- Csíraételek: fiatalodás és gyógyulás az Anyatermészet segítségével, ford. Gazdik Ágnes, Budapest: Mandala-Veda, cop. 2007.
- The Food Enzymes for Health & Longevity, with Edward Howell, Lotus Brands Inc.
- Intuitive Eating: Everybody's Guide to Vibrant Health and Lifelong Vitality Through Food with Humbart Santillo and Regina Sara Ryan, Hohm Press, 1993
- Dining in the Raw: Groundbreaking Natural Cuisine That Combines the Techniques of Macrobiotic, Vegan, Allergy-Free, and Raw Food Discipline with Rita Romano and Nancy Jolly, Taschenbuch 1997.
- http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Stossel/story?id=5735592&page=1 Orthorexia: Obsessing Over Health Food Eating Disorder Stems From Too Much of a Good Thing By JOHN STOSSEL and MIGUEL SANCHO Sept. 5, 2008, ABC NEWS "Kulvinskas is a leading advocate of the "raw food" diet."
- http://www.rawfoodplanet.com/bio.html Biography of Viktoras Kulvinskas at Rawfood Planet
- http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/pictures/lgepic_brianmariaclement.html Hippocrates Background at Rawfood Planet
- Sarasota Herald Tribune; Wednesday, November 08, 2006; Getting connected; With plenty of activities and groups, Sarasota is becoming a raw-food haven.(FLORIDA WEST), Byline: ABBY WEINGARTEN, "Meanwhile, Patty Foley was planning a lecture by internationally known raw guru Viktoras Kulvinskas."
- Raw energy, Vegetarian Times; June 01, 1998; Reiss, Valerie; "Spearheaded in the early 1970s by the late Ann Wigmore, M.D., founder of the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rico, and Viktras Kulvinskas,"
- The diversity and effectiveness of natural cancer cures. (includes related article on conventional cancer treatments), The Ecologist, March 01, 1998, Last, Walter, "Together with Victoras Kulvinskas she formed the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston"
- http://www.essenes.org Essene Church
- Symposium Examines the Raw-Food Diet Phenomenon. Athens Banner-Herald (Athens, GA), March 02, 2004, Byline: Kimberly E. Mock "Kulvinskas claimed a diet of raw foods can rid the human body of ailments."
- Edward Howell. Food Enzymes for Health & Longevity, 1994; Enzyme Nutrition, 1966; The Status of Food Enzymes in Digestion and Metabolism, 1946
- Protein and vitamins and enzymes, oh sprouts!, Nutraceuticals World, May 01, 2006, Schutt, Ellen
- Green foods: a research perspective. Nutraceuticals World; May 01, 2003; Sandoval, David, "The number of companies with green food offerings has increased steadily since the late 1790s when the second green foods revolution was being led by the likes of Anne Wigmore, Bernard Jensen, Christopher Hills and Victoras Kulvinskas. These advocates of non-conventional theories were basing their advocated therapies on ideas dating from the 1930s, the banyan days of the first green foods revolution when Dr. Charles Schnabel, V. E. Irons and other chemists"
- http://www.vitalities.org Vitalities.org
- http://www.rawfoodchef.com Rawfoodchef.com
- Pour un point de vue sur Viktoras Kulvinskas, voir les références du Professeur français Henri Joyeux 
- Viktoras Kulvinskas Official Website
- Survival in the 21st Century