- Not to be confused with WNCF.
|Branding||Trinity Broadcasting Network|
|Channels||Digital: 46 (UHF)
Virtual: 45 (PSIP)
45.2 Hillsong Channel
45.3 JUCE TV/Smile of a Child TV
45.4 TBN Enlace USA
45.5 TBN Salsa
|Affiliations||TBN (O&O; 1986–present)|
|Owner||Trinity Broadcasting Network|
|First air date||1985|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
45 (UHF, 1985–2009)
|Former affiliations||Independent (1985–1986)|
|Transmitter power||500 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
WMCF-TV is a TBN owned-and-operated television station for Central Alabama's River Region that is licensed to Montgomery. The station broadcasts a standard definition digital signal on UHF channel 46 (or virtual channel 45.1 via PSIP) from a transmitter located in East Montgomery.
Founded in 1985, the station is owned by Trinity Broadcasting Network.
This station's digital signal, like most other full-service TBN owned-and-operated stations, carries five different TBN-run networks.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|45.1||480i||4:3||TBN||Main TBN programming|
TBN-owned full-power stations permanently ceased analog transmissions on April 16, 2009.
WMCF-TV shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 45, on that date. The station's digital signal remained on its pre-transition UHF channel 46, using PSIP to display the station's virtual channel as its former UHF analog channel 45.
- The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says October 12, while the Television and Cable Factbook says November 25.
- RabbitEars TV Query for WMCF
- "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and the Second Rounds" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Official site
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WMCF
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on WMCF-TV
|This article about a television station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|