This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. The reason given is: Reliance on inferred information across citations from external indices that do not directly contain the information cited and cherrypicked information from sources not necessarily about the channel. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||June 16, 2014|
|Owned by||Newsmax Media|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to widescreen 480i for SDTVs)
|Slogan||Real News for Real People|
Real News. Better Talk.
|Orby TV||Channel 308|
|Available on many American cable providers||Channel slots may vary on each operator|
|Prism TV||Channel 209 (SD) |
Channel 1209 (HD)
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 115 (SD)|
Channel 615 (HD)
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 1220 (HD)|
|fuboTV||Internet Protocol television|
|Pluto TV||Internet Protocol television|
Newsmax TV is a cable news channel owned by Newsmax Media. The channel primarily broadcasts from Newsmax's New York studio on Manhattan's East Side,[better source needed] carrying a news/talk format throughout the day and night, with documentaries and films on weekends.
The channel was created by American journalist and Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy. It launched on June 16, 2014 to 35 million satellite subscribers through DirecTV and Dish Network. As of May 2019, the network reaches about 75 million cable homes and has wide digital media player/mobile device availability.
Newsmax TV is generally thought of as holding a conservative point of view, broadcasting many programs hosted by conservative media personalities. Its conservative-leaning competitors include Fox News Channel, One America News Network, and TheBlaze. In an interview with FrontPage Magazine, Ruddy said his network was specifically designed to appeal to viewers in the American heartland, and that the network was meant as a complement for viewpoints not usually seen on Fox News Channel due to their appeal to a wider base of viewers.
In May 2014, U.S. news organization Newsmax Media announced that it had signed a distribution deal with DirecTV and would launch a national television news channel to compete directly with CNN, Fox News, and other American news networks. It was launched to provide independent news and was described as a “kinder, gentler Fox News,” offering a balanced perspective and being open to all points of view. In addition to politics, Newsmax TV would also provide a full range of informational programming and lifestyle content in the areas of health, finance, and personal well-being. The channel was launched on June 16, 2014. It initially carried live programming from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, and it currently airs original news programs 20 hours each weekday.
On January 16, 2016, Dennis Michael Lynch: Unfiltered debuted on the channel. The program ended after the first segment of the August 10 episode after Lynch announced that he would resign from the network and made comments defending Fox News Channel and criticizing his network for its reporting of the Trump campaign and suggesting they were restricting his editorial control; he was escorted out from the network's New York studio during what would have been the first commercial break. It was replaced the next Monday with an hour-long video simulcast of radio's The Howie Carr Show from WRKO in Boston.
The network launched Spicer & Co. on March 3, 2020, featuring former Trump White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and co-host Lyndsay Keith, followed by Greg Kelly Reports with former FNC White House correspondent and host of WNYW's Good Day New York, Greg Kelly. The network's overnight programming is mainly made up of conservative documentaries.
- Steve Bannon: Host of War Room
- Nancy Brinker: Host of Conversations with Nancy Brinker
- Howie Carr: Host of The Howie Carr Show
- Mike Huckabee: Host of Huckabee (shared with TBN)
- Greg Kelly: Host of Greg Kelly Reports
- Bob Sellers: Host of American Agenda
- Sean Spicer: Host of Spicer & Co.
- Ed Berliner – Former host of Midpoint with Ed Berliner and The Hard Line with Ed Berliner
- Herman Cain - Was slated to host a show for Newsmax TV but died of coronavirus disease before making it to series
- J. D. Hayworth – Former host of Newsmax Prime
- Dennis Michael Lynch – Former host of Dennis Michael Lynch: Unfiltered
- Michelle Malkin – Former host of Michelle Malkin Investigates
- Steve Malzberg – Former host of America Talks Live and The Steve Malzberg Show
- Bill O'Reilly – Former host of No Spin News with Bill O'Reilly
- Joe Pags – Former host of The Joe Pags Show
- Jesse Lee Peterson – Former host of The Jesse Lee Peterson Show
- Wayne Allyn Root – Former host of The Wayne Allyn Root Show
- Todd Schnitt – Former host of The Schnitt Show
- Ben Swann – Former fill-in host of The Steve Malzberg Show
- Alan Dershowitz
- Alison Maloni
- Betsy McCaughey
- Michael Reagan
- Christopher Ruddy
- Craig Shirley
- Heather Zumarraga
Newsmax TV mainly depends on its carriage on cable services for viewership, along with streaming on their website and open digital media player platforms such as Roku. However, the network carries a small base of free-to-air terrestrial television affiliates.
|Kansas City, Missouri||KCKS-LD||25.5|
- Polsky, Sara (2012-11-20). "10 Buildings Possibly Endangered by a Midtown East Rezoning". Curbed NY. Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- Weiss, Lois (2011-12-03). "SL Green's block party deal". Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- "Newsmax network debuts Monday on Dish, DirecTV". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Newsmax Grabs Fox Distribution Executive". 2019-05-14.
- "Frontpage Mag: Newsmax TV Is the Alternative to Fox". Newsmax. Retrieved 2020-03-17.
- "The Next Ailes: Newsmax's Chris Ruddy Preps TV Rival to Fox News". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Newsmax TV Signs With DirecTV, Launch Set for June". Newsmax. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Dennis Michael Lynch Hosts New Show on Newsmax TV". Newsmax. Archived from the original on 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Newsmax Host Taken Off the Air After Calling Out His Network During Live Broadcast". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- NewsmaxTV (2016-08-15), Newsmax Prime | Howie Carr talks about Newsmax TV broadcasting an hour of his popular radio show, retrieved 2016-08-16
- "Sean Spicer Joins Newsmax TV Lineup". Broadcasting+Cable. Retrieved 2020-02-13.
- "Greg Kelly now anchoring nightly opinion-based show on Newsmax TV". Newsday. Retrieved 2020-03-09.
- "Newsmax TV".