|Launched||June 16, 2014|
|Owned by||Newsmax Media|
(downscaled to widescreen 480i for SDTVs)
Real News. Better Talk.
|DirecTV||Channel 349 (SD)|
|Dish||Channel 216 (SD)|
|Galaxy 14||3900 V / 29079 / 5/6 (HD / encryped))|
|Hispasat 1D||11721 V / 30000 / 3/4 (HD / FTA)|
Channel 115 (SD)|
Channel 615 (HD)
Channel 209 (SD)|
Channel 1209 (HD)
|Available on some American cable providers||Channel slots may vary on each operator|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 1220 (HD)|
Newsmax TV is an American free-to-air news channel that is owned by Newsmax Media. The live stream of the channel is also available for free online. The channel primarily broadcasts from Newsmax's New York studio near Bryant Park, carrying a news/talk format during the day and acquired documentaries and films at night.
The channel was created by American journalist and Newsmax CEO Christopher Ruddy. It launched on June 16, 2014 to 35 million satellite subscribers through DirecTV and Dish Network. As of February 16, 2018, the network reaches over 50 million homes.
Newsmax TV has generally been described as conservative, broadcasting many programs hosted by conservative media personalities. Other conservative-leaning competition includes Fox News Channel, One America News Network and TheBlaze.
In May 2014, American news organization Newsmax Media announced that it had signed a distribution deal with DirecTV and would launch a national television news channel to compete directly with CNN, Fox News, and other American news networks. It was launched to provide independent news with a "mainstream conservative tilt" while offering a balanced perspective and being open to all points of view. In addition to politics, Newsmax TV would also provide a full range of informational programming and lifestyle content in the areas of health, finance, and personal well-being. The channel was launched on June 16, 2014. It initially carried live programming from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, with more programming to be added.
On January 16, 2016, Dennis Michael Lynch: Unfiltered debuted on the channel. Hosted by businessman and filmmaker Dennis Michael Lynch, the program featured investigative reporting, interviews, and commentary with a heavy emphasis on user interaction through social media. The program ended after the first segment of the August 10 episode after Lynch announced that he would resign from the network and made comments defending Fox News and criticizing Newsmax TV for its reporting of the Trump campaign and suggesting they were restricting his editorial control; he was escorted out from the network's New York studio in during what would have been the first commercial break. J. D. Hayworth disputed Lynch's claims about Donald Trump, saying that Lynch was not embracing the truth and was engaging in self-censorship. That show was replaced the next Monday with an hour-long video simulcast of radio's The Howie Carr Show from WRKO in Boston.
Newsmax TV mainly depends on its carriage on cable services for viewership, along with streaming on their website and open digital media player platforms such as Roku. However, the network carries a small base of over-the-air broadcast affiliates (mainly with the stations of DTV America), numbering twenty-one as of November 2016.
|Detroit, Michigan||WADL (TV)||38.1|
|Fayetteville, North Carolina||WNCB-LD||16.4|
|Kansas City, Missouri||KCKS-LD||25.5|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||KNBX-CD||31.2|
|Mayaguez, Puerto Rico||W51DJ-D||51.1|
|Ponce, Puerto Rico||W31DL-D||36.1|
|San Juan, Puerto Rico||W26DK-D||25.2|
|West Palm Beach, Florida||WHDT||9.1|
|Cincinnati, Ohio||WOTH-CD||20.5||Affiliation was discontinued after Station ceased operations.|
|Detroit, Michigan||WUDL-LD||19.4||Replaced by Evine|
|Fort Smith, Arkansas||KFLU-LD||20.6||Replaced by Heroes & Icons|
|Los Angeles, California||KHIZ-LD||39.1||Replaced with Escape|
|Nashville, Tennessee||WKUW-LD||40.4||Replaced with The Country Network, then replaced with Quest|
|Phoenix, Arizona||KFPB-LD||50.6||Replaced with Infomercials|
- Jack Burkman: Current host of Behind the Curtain with Jack Burkman
- Nancy Brinker: Current host of Conversations with Nancy Brinker
- Howie Carr: Current host of The Howie Carr Show
- Joe Pags: Current host of The Joe Pags Show
- Jesse Lee Peterson: Current host of The Jesse Lee Peterson Show
- Wayne Allyn Root: Current host of The Wayne Allyn Root Show
- Todd Schnitt: Current host of The Schnitt Show
- Ed Berliner – Former host of Midpoint with Ed Berliner and The Hard Line with Ed Berliner
- J. D. Hayworth – Former host of Newsmax Prime
- Dennis Michael Lynch – Former host of Dennis Michael Lynch: Unfiltered
- Steve Malzberg – Former host of America Talks Live and The Steve Malzberg Show
- Ben Swann – Former fill-in host for The Steve Malzberg Show
- Larry Elder
- Michael Patrick Flanagan
- John Fund
- J. D. Hayworth
- Steve Malzberg
- Betsy McCaughey
- Dick Morris
- Patrick Murray
- Michael Reagan
- Christopher Ruddy
- Craig Shirley
- The Howie Carr Show
- Newsmax Now
- America Talks Live with Steve Malzberg
- Conversations with Nancy Brinker
- The Steve Malzberg Show
- The Joe Pags Show
- Newsmax Prime with J. D. Hayworth
- Behind the Curtain with Jack Burkman
- The Income Generation with David J. Scranton
- The Redchip Money Report
- America's Forum
- The Daily Wrap
- Midpoint with Ed Berliner
- The Hard Line with Ed Berliner
- Dennis Michael Lynch: Unfiltered
- "Newsmax.com - Breaking news from around the globe: U.S. news, politics, world, health, finance, video, science, technology, live news stream". www.newsmaxtv.com. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "News: Newsmax Media Opens TV Studio in New York". news.creativecow.net. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Newsmax network debuts Monday on Dish, DirecTV". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Newsmax TV Signs With DISH, Now in 50 Million Homes | Newsmax.com". TheWrap. 2018-02-16. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Newsmax TV Signs With DirecTV, Launch Set for June". Newsmax. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Host JD Hayworth Brings Political Talk to Prime Time". Newsmax. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "Dennis Michael Lynch Hosts New Show on Newsmax TV". Newsmax. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- "Newsmax Host Taken Off the Air After Calling Out His Network During Live Broadcast". www.mediaite.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- NewsmaxTV (2016-08-15), Newsmax Prime | Howie Carr talks about Newsmax TV broadcasting an hour of his popular radio show, retrieved 2016-08-16
- "Newsmax TV".