WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs
|Tables Ladders and Chairs|
2015 WWE TLC Logo
SmackDown (2009–2010; 2016–present)
|First event||TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs (2009)|
|Signature match types||Match types featuring tables, ladders and/or chairs as weapons|
TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs is a professional wrestling event produced annually by WWE, a Connecticut–based promotion, and broadcast live and available through the WWE Network and pay-per-view (PPV). The event was established in 2009, replacing Armageddon in the December slot of WWE's pay-per-view calendar. However, the concept of the show is based on the primary matches of the card each containing a stipulation utilizing tables, ladders and/or chairs as legal weapons. The event's concept was voted by fans via WWE's official website and was chosen over an event with street fight main events and an event featuring a single-elimination tournament.
The event was held only in indoor arenas in the United States. Championship bouts were scheduled on every card, with the lower-tier titles featured on the undercard and the top-tier featured on the main card.
The concept of this pay-per-view is that the main event matches have stipulations that involve legally using tables, ladders, or chairs. In 2010, every match involved tables, ladders, or chairs. During the show, there were Tables matches, Ladder matches, Chairs matches, and TLC matches. In a tables match, the only way to win is to put your opponent through a table. In a ladder match, the only way to win is to climb the ladder and retrieve the item above the ring. In a chairs match, the only way to win is by pinfall or submission in the ring, while using a chair as a legal weapon. In a TLC match, the same rules apply as a ladder match, but tables and chairs can also be used.
Dates and venues
- "Preview:Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. D-Generation X (Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match)". WWE. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- "WWE issues a new online fan survey". WrestleView. 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "WWE Entertainment To Make Raw and SmackDown Distinct Television Brands". WWE. 2002-03-27. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- Cutting, Devin. "WWE PPV Moved". Gerweck.net. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- Cutting, Devin (2013-01-11). "COMPLETE DETAILS AND LOCATIONS ON ALL 2013 WWE PPV EVENTS". PWInsider. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Updated Confirmed WWE PPV Dates And Locations Through WrestleMania 31". wrestlinginc.com. 2014-04-30. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Get WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs ticket this Saturday". WWE. Retrieved 26 September 2016.