||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2015)|
|Location||Vancouver, Washington, USA|
|Address||8700 N.E. Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA 98662|
|Opening date||August 1977|
|Developer||May Centers, Inc., a subsidiary of May Department Stores|
|No. of stores and services||140 (as of 2007[update]|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||883,000 square feet (82,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Westfield Vancouver, formerly known as, and still widely referred to as Vancouver Mall, is a shopping mall owned by Westfield Group, and is located in Vancouver, Washington, U.S. It is anchored by JCPenney, Macy's, and Sears. Longtime past anchor stores included Nordstrom and Mervyn's.
The mall was opened in August 1977 by May Centers with Meier & Frank, Nordstrom and Sears as anchors. During phase two of mall expansion, a JCPenney was added; a Lipman's was also proposed but never built. Eventually, Mervyns would open where the Lipman's had been planned.
In 1998, the mall was renamed "Westfield Shoppingtown Vancouver Mall", at which time the mall had 146 stores using 870,000 square feet (81,000 m2) of space. However, "Shoppingtown" was dropped from the name in September 2005, making it Westfield Vancouver mall.
In mid-2005, work was started on a 60,000-square-foot (5,600 m2) expansion to the Meier & Frank store by its then-owner, the May Department Stores Company, adding 30,000 square feet on each of two levels, completed in 2006. Following the acquisition of the May Company by Federated Department Stores, the Meier & Frank store was renamed Macy's in September 2006.
In February 2014, it was announced that Nordstrom would be closing its store at the mall. The store closed in January 2015, at which time the mall managers announced that Gold's Gym would move into the upper level of the former-Nordstrom space.
- "Westfield Shoppingtown Vancouver". Westfield Group. Archived from the original on September 30, 2007.
- Hewitt, Scott (April 5, 2006). "Neighborhood focus: Van Mall". The Columbian. Neighbors section, p. 14.
- Brown, Craig (December 13, 1998). "Owners of mall opt to use full name". The Columbian (Vancouver, Washington). p. E1.
- Anderson, Julie (September 18, 2005). "Marketplace: Jobless rate not precise". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Nelson, Jonathan (September 9, 2006). "Macy's moves in". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Nelson, Jonathan (July 14, 2006). "Old mall, new challenges". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Lane, Steven (February 6, 2011). "Cinetopia to transform Westfield Vancouver mall". The Columbian. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- Lane, Steven (May 31, 2012). "Cinetopia to begin phased opening Friday". The Columbian. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Njus, Elliot (February 5, 2014). "Nordstrom to close Lloyd Center, Westfield Vancouver stores". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Njus, Elliot (January 21, 2015). "Gold's Gym to take over former Nordstrom space at Westfield Vancouver mall". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2015-03-08.