Port in February 2015
Whitney Eve Port|
March 4, 1985
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Tim Rosenman (m. 2015)
Whitney Eve Port (born March 4, 1985) is an American television personality, fashion designer, and author. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, she attended Crossroads School in Santa Monica as a teenager. In 2006, Port came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series The Hills, which chronicled the personal and professional lives of Port and friends Lauren Conrad, Heidi Montag, and Audrina Patridge. During its production, she held positions with Teen Vogue and Kelly Cutrone's People's Revolution.
After moving to New York City to begin employment with Diane von Fürstenberg in 2008, Port was commissioned to star in her own spin-off series The City, which originally documented the lives of Port and companions Jay Lyon, Olivia Palermo, and Adam Senn. After undergoing several casting adjustments and receiving underwhelming ratings, the series was canceled in 2010, after airing two seasons. Port launched her fashion line "Whitney Eve" in 2009. In 2012, she served as a judge on the eighth cycle of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model.
Life and career
1985–2005: Early life and education
Whitney Eve Port was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents Jeffrey and Vicki (née Woskoff). Her father owned the fashion company Swarm, and died in March 2013 from kidney cancer. Port has one brother Ryan and three sisters Ashley, Paige, and Jade, and was raised in a Jewish household.
Port attended Warner Avenue Elementary School and Crossroads School. In 2007, she graduated from the University of Southern California, having majored in gender studies and was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. Afterwards, Port held internships with the magazines Women's Wear Daily and W.
2006–2010: The Hills and The City
In 2006, MTV developed the reality television series The Hills as the spin-off of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. It originally chronicled the lives of Lauren Conrad, who appeared on its predecessor, her housemate Heidi Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Port. During production of the first season, Port and Conrad held internships with Teen Vogue under the direction of West Coast Vogue editor Lisa Love, who stated the girls had to interview successfully for the positions, "regardless of what the cameras wanted". In 2007, Port notably tripped down the stairs during a live segment for Good Morning America. During the third season of The Hills, Port was promoted as the West Coast fashion contributor for Teen Vogue, and left the position in 2008. Later that year, Port and Conrad began employment with Kelly Cutrone's PR firm, People's Revolution. Port rejected an opportunity to become housemates with Conrad and Patridge, saying she "[prefers] to keep some things private".
In March 2008, Port debuted her first fashion line "Whitney Eve". Upon the conclusion of the fourth season of The Hills that December, Port moved to New York City to accept a position with Diane von Fürstenberg. That month, she was commissioned to star in the spin-off series The City, which additionally placed emphasis on her boyfriend Jay Lyon, their friends Erin Lucas and Adam Senn, and her co-worker Olivia Palermo. During the first half of the inaugural season, Port severed ties with Lyon, clashed with Palermo at the workplace, and ultimately returned to People's Revolution. After underwhelming ratings, Lyon, Lucas, and Senn were replaced by Port's friend Roxy Olin and Palermo's new co-worker Erin Kaplan in the second half of the first season. The series' second season saw the development of "Whitney Eve", and aired its final episode in July 2010 before being officially cancelled that October.
2011–present: Retail projects and marriage
In late 2010, Port made an appearance on the online series Hollywood Is Like High School with Money, for which she served as the executive producer. The program additionally served as a promotional platform for her "Whitney Eve" collection. In January 2011, Port was featured in a magazine spread in Maxim. In February, Port released her first book True Whit: Designing a Life of Style, Beauty, and Fun. Later that year, she hosted the Hulu-exclusive game show Genuine Ken.
In 2012, Port was confirmed to join the judging panel of the eighth cycle of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model, alongside fellow new hire Tyson Beckford and returning judges Elle Macpherson and Julien MacDonald. She left the program upon the conclusion of the season. Port had a cameo role in the film What To Expect When You're Expecting, starring Jennifer Lopez.
In March 2013, Whitney's father, Jeffrey Port, died from a year-long battle with kidney cancer. In November 2013, she announced her engagement to her former The City producer, Tim Rosenman, whom she began dating in 2012. They were married on November 7, 2015. In February 2017, Port and Rosenman announced they were expecting their first child. They welcomed a son, Sonny Sanford, on July 27, 2017.
|2006–2008||The Hills||Herself||Main cast member (seasons 1–4)|
|2008||Entourage||"Gotta Look Up to Get Down" (season 5, episode 7)|
|2008–10||The City||Narrator and main cast member (seasons 1–2)|
|2009||Family Guy||"We Love You, Conrad" (season 7, episode 14)|
|2010||America's Next Top Model||"Big Hair Day" (cycle 14, episode 8)|
|2010||Hollywood is Like High School with Money||1 episode|
|2010||Anna & Kristina's Beauty Call||"Kathryn: Sophisticated Evening" (season 1, episode 10)|
|2011||Genuine Ken||Host (season 1)|
|2012||Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model||Judge (cycle 8)|
|2016||Almost Royal||"Holiday" (season 2, episode 8)|
|2012||What to Expect When You're Expecting||Herself||Cameo|
- True Whit: Designing a Life of Style, Beauty, and Fun (2011)
- "Whitney Eve Port, Born 03/04/1985 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Whitney Port Biography". People. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Gala, Brittany (June 16, 2013). "Whitney Port Opens Up About Father's Death: "It Comes In Waves"". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "In Honor of National Siblings Day…". Whitney Port. April 12, 2012. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Happy Hanukkah". Whitney Port. December 11, 2009. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Whitney Port". Celebuzz.Buzz Media. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Karimzadeh, Marc (July 14, 2010). "Over the Hills: Adam DiVello on the MTV Phenomenon". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "USC Spectrum". University of Southern California. January 31, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Heffernan, Virginia (May 31, 2006). "'The Hills,' a Follow-Up to 'Laguna Beach,' Makes Its Premiere on MTV". The New York Times. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Ogunnaike, Lola (June 11, 2006). "Blond Ambition Comes in Flats or Heels". The New York Times. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Dehnart, Andy (January 11, 2008). "Lauren, Whitney will leave Teen Vogue". Reality Blurred. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Exclusive: 'Hills' Girls Lauren and Whitney Working for People's Revolution". New York Magazine. February 2, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "Behind the Scenes of the Lauren Conrad and Whitney Port's Teen Vogue Shoot". Teen Vogue. July 2, 2007. Archived from the original on June 26, 2007. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Whitney Port, Now Photo – The Hills Stars: Then and Now". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Whitney Port Chases Big Dreams In MTV's 'The City' Tonight". Starpulse. December 29, 2008. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Whitney Port: The City Is Canceled". The Hollywood Reporter. October 25, 2010.
- Ross, Robyn. "The City's Whitney Port Defends Jersey Shore". TV Guide.
- "Hollywood Is Like High School with Money". Internet Movie Database.
- Adalian, Josef (August 8, 2010). "Whitney Port to Act in Web Series". New York Magazine.
- "Hot Shots: Whitney Port Poses In Her Undies". Shows Blog. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- "True Whit: Designing a Life of Style, Beauty, and Fun [Hardcover]". Amazon.com.
- "Whitney Port Dishes on Her New Show Genuine Ken". Teen Vogue. January 19, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "Whitney Port to Join Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model Judges Panel". Us Weekly. February 6, 2012.
- Bayley, Leanne (November 8, 2015). "Whitney Port & Tim Rosenman are married!". Glamour. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- Stone, Natalie (February 9, 2017). "Whitney Port Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Dugan, Christina (July 31, 2017). "Whitney Port Welcomes Son Sonny Sanford". People. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Whitney Port.|