Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Indonesia
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Indonesia, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|WikiProject Indonesia was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 11 September 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 Dr. Thom Wainggai
- 2 AfC submission
- 3 Miangas
- 4 Island of Palmas Case (Miangas)
- 5 Notability of Surya Semesta Internusa
- 6 South Likupang
- 7 Category:Panasonic Gobel Award winners has been nominated for discussion
- 8 Media upload of images from Dutch East Indies/Indonesia
- 9 Note re Visitor/Tourist....
- 10 ChiBi Crush Rangers
- 11 Redundancy in Schedule Table
- 12 10,000 Challenge
- 13 Regency and Districts
Is there anyone here with any knowledge of West Papua, or more specifically West Papuan politics?
I found a fairly new article Dr. Thom Wainggai which appears to be written by a political supporter, and includes a section entitled "WORST TRIAL EVER", which is clearly not NPOV.Although there do appear to have been some irregularities, I suspect the sources have been cherry-picked to support the PoV being presented. Having no knowledge of West Papua whatsoever, could anyone who does, please have a look?
I've also left a similar message at the article's talk page and the page creator's talk page. Thanks.15:20, 3 January 2016 (UTC)
- No need, it is an Indonesian territory. Molecule Extraction (talk) 05:52, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
Notability of Surya Semesta Internusa
Hi, would someone (preferably an Indonesian-speaker) be able to confirm whether Surya_Semesta_Internusa is a notable company? It appears to be a public company in Indonesia with several thousand employees and a market capitalization of Rp 3.4 tn - however most sources appear to be in Indonesian. Thanks. astro (talk) 16:56, 15 April 2016 (UTC)
Category:Panasonic Gobel Award winners has been nominated for discussion
Category:Panasonic Gobel Award winners, which is within the scope of this WikiProject, has been nominated for deletion. A discussion is taking place to see if it abides with the categorization guidelines. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the categories for discussion page. Thank you. RevelationDirect (talk) 01:15, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Media upload of images from Dutch East Indies/Indonesia
I would like to draw your attention to two media uploads that may be of relevance to your project:
The Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies and Leiden University Library donated 3114 images to Wikimedia Commons as a follow-up to an earlier donation containing 2400+ images. The new donation contains photos, lithos, drawings, watercolours showing people, landscapes, plantations, plants and butterflies from countries such as Suriname, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan and Singapore. The upload was carried out by Hans Muller.
The National Museum of World Cultures (a merger of the former Tropenmuseum, the Museum Volkenkunde and the Afrika Museum) donated a collection of 720 images to Wikimedia Commons. This donation consists of photos of objects from the museum's collection, and of photos taken during Dutch scientific and military expeditions in Suriname and the Dutch East Indies.
Note re Visitor/Tourist....
This project currently has two parallel trees related to Attractions (In Indonesia in the 1990s known as Turism Obyek or similar) -as a result of  CFD - there will be an attempt over time to try re-configure the trees into a coherent and consistent format. in time...
- noting (a) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tourist_attractions_in_Indonesia - preferred
- that (b)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Visitor_attractions_in_Indonesia_by_province - exists
the intention is to change every visitor attraction category item into tourist - as designated at the CFD listed above
JarrahTree 08:17, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- Minor FYI: the Indonesian term for tourist attractions, afaik, is obyek wisata. - HyperGaruda (talk) 09:26, 9 June 2016 (UTC)
- Indeed - obyek wisata - object of interest to visitor/tourists - an oxymoron - if there ever was one JarrahTree 01:21, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
ChiBi Crush Rangers
Redundancy in Schedule Table
The Schedule Table at 2013 Islamic Solidarity Games has 4 empty (and unnecessary) date columns at the beginning. Who knows how to remove them safely? Please do so. The Mysterious El Willstro (talk) 05:24, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
Hi, if anybody would be interested in doing a 10,000 article improvement challenge for Singapore and Southeast Asia and national contests for Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines etc please comment at my proposal at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Southeast Asia.♦ Dr. Blofeld 16:09, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
Hi this is the Indonesian project - not even mentioned etc? - someone has just tried to say the Southeast Asia project is inactive as well, good set of hits! JarrahTree 01:16, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
Regency and Districts
In a large number of articles here in the project - there are many lists of names of places for no real purpose in no particular order, with no attempt at anything but the 'list' and no refrences
They are basically unlinked and meaningless.
For any of the few Indonesian project editors still watching this page - the question is - delete or what? lists of names do not do anything for the articles at all. JarrahTree 01:16, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
- I am not sure what you are talking about. Could you please give an example? --HyperGaruda (talk) 05:02, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
what I cam concerned about is items like: -
It does not really help the larger project to have such variant contents in such articles, no one really learns anything from such lists.
I am not trying to detract from the hard work of editors who have laboured to provide a range of the dimensions of populated places and areas in the Indonesian archipelago, I am just asking whether we are gong to be run down as project to where the lowest component of RW and RT become included in the Indonesian category tree with no hope of WP:N or WP:RS of elements higher up the tree inadequately written or consistent across the project. Surely there is point where the line in the sand needs to be drawn - Project policy perhaps? JarrahTree 08:40, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
- I will not discuss all of them at once, because there are multiple conflicting policies/guidelines applicable to this. However, what really should be deleted as WP:LISTCRUFT are the pages in Category:Lists of districts of Indonesia. These lists skip one whole level in the administrative hierarchy (provinsi-kabupaten/kota-kecamatan-desa/kelurahan), grouping together kecamatan per province (instead of something more logical like kecamatan per kabupaten). This seems like a rather arbitrary way of making a list. --HyperGaruda (talk) 11:03, 27 September 2016 (UTC)