Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Indonesia
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Indonesia, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|WikiProject Indonesia was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 11 September 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 2 Merger proposal
- 3 Translation please
- 4 Indonesia task force
- 5 2015 to-do tasks
- 6 WikiProject X is live!
- 7 History sources - Delpher
- 8 Question on translating Indonesian company name from Indonesian to English?
- 9 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Anugerah Planet Muzik 2012
- 10 Need some help
- 11 There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project
- 12 Islamic economic jurisprudence listed at Requested moves
- 13 May 2006 Java earthquake listed at Requested moves
- 14 Wiki Loves Pride!
- 15 Murder of Angeline, Bali
- 16 What is "Jakartanese"?
- 17 Category
- 18 Need help identifying Indonesian sources
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
I propose that Pagaruyung Palace be merged into Pagaruyung Kingdom. I think that the content in the Pagaruyung Palace article can easily be explained in the context of Pagaruyung Kingdom, and the Pagaruyung Kingdom article is of a reasonable size that the merging of Pagaruyung Palace will not cause any problems as far as article size or undue weight is concerned. There is already considerable overlap and duplication. John of Cromer (talk) mytime= Wed 21:12, wikitime= 13:12, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
Indonesia task force
Hallo everybody!! I have made a nomination to make an Indonesian task force for football. The reason for it is to gather some active wikipedia users to improve the articles related to Indonesian football such as competitions, clubs, players and other related articles. The link for the nomination is here. Your contributions will be much appreciated. Cheers!! MbahGondrong (talk) 02:25, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
Note: Best of luck...
- They are usually created by non english speakers who never respond to queries about their editing
- Most articles are WP:SEAOFBLUE
- Most articles lack WP:RS
- Most articles are far too large with too much repetition
- Most articles are infected with WP:FLAGCRUFT
- Most articles lack a reasonable WP:LEAD
- Most stub creators fails to add Football or Indonesian project tags on their talk pages
- Most articles fail a number WP:MOS guidelines
There are many other issues as well. Best of luck satusuro 05:42, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
2015 to-do tasks
Tasks - for too long, many Indonesian history articles have had either
- Lack of in-line WP:CITE
- Absence of english WP:RS
- ascribed notability from allusion to general references, but not specific references.
So it is suggested that a perfect example to start the new year as a collaborative project
- It has a fine set of further reading at the base of the article
- But the assertions that are throughout the article could easily be WP:OR as far as the average reader might know
- Allows ascribed personages and events as valid - that western and Indonesian researchers have no verifiable proof
- Makes claims of authority over whole swathes of Javanese history with not a single wp:cite
- Could easily in parts be a hidden copyvio
Please if you can, help the Indonesian project improve its articles on history - they are important components of the project but they have lacked adequate cleanup in the last 3 years or so. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. satusuro 05:22, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
History sources - Delpher
Hi fellow wikiproject members! I'd like to attend you to Delpher. It is a searchable and freely accessible database containing digitalised old newspapers, journals and books. Although they are mostly about the Netherlands, there is a substantial amount of content about and from the colonial era in Indonesia. This might be of great interest to the historians among us, who are desperate for references. Just remember to search with the pre-1972 spelling (u>oe, c>tj and so on), which brings me to one big drawback: you will have to understand the Dutch language in order to be able to read it all. Of course you may ask one of our Dutch members (like me) for help, but it is a huge database and finding the correct stuff may take a while. HyperGaruda (talk) 10:59, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
Question on translating Indonesian company name from Indonesian to English?
Just want to check if an Indonesian company, in English literature, does not translate the name of the company in English, does that mean I leave it alone? I plan to write up an article on a company called "Sentra Surya Ekajaya". Ominae (talk) 13:44, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- I think that the naming should follow WP:COMMONNAME. As for a Indonesian company, their name stays in Indonesian and not translated to English. MbahGondrong (talk) 22:53, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello, Indonesia experts. I came across this old AfC submission which will soon be deleted as a stale draft. While investigating, I also found Anugerah Planet Muzik, Anugerah Planet Muzik 2009 and Anugerah planet muzik 2014. The root page has some references, the others not so much. Is this a notable series of shows, and if so, should each year have its own page? Should the AfC draft be improved and made into an article, or should it be redirected to the main article? Some of the references are not in English. —Anne Delong (talk) 17:42, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Need some help
There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project
There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project at WikiProject Tree of Life. The topic is Confusion over taxonomy of subtribe Panina and taxon homininae (are chimps hominins)?
Islamic economic jurisprudence listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Islamic economic jurisprudence to be moved to Islamic economics. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 22:30, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
May 2006 Java earthquake listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for May 2006 Java earthquake to be moved to 2006 Yogyakarta earthquake. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 22:45, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
Murder of Angeline, Bali
What is "Jakartanese"?
- Maybe its Betawi language? MbahGondrong (talk) 13:13, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- having a sense the way that dialect/mixes work in other cities in Indonesia - it would by all likelihood be betawi with indonesian and sundanese components or influence thrown in JarrahTree 15:03, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
I am quite concerned that a considerable number of Indonesians labelled by this category would not be able to (a) identify with (b) understand the category https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Indonesian_socialites - it probably is actually totally incorrect for a considerable number of people identified as such and some of the sub-categories simply do not fit into the category..
Either a WP:RFC, or some sort of discussion here is required to possibly write a qualifier comment at the category page, or to consider a change of the category in some way. Any watchers left here at this project who might be interested to comment ?? JarrahTree 08:00, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- The source article for a definition from a tagged article is Socialite
- I do not believe that people tagged in the specific category would necessarily be considered such a 'catgory' or 'occupation'
- In western culture, the term has gained a derogatory sense, and might not 'fit' in a sociological or any other sense the families or individuals identfied
- In Jakartan culture, there is a possibility that the wealthy inhabitants might have a term for their social standing or behaviour, I do not think that they woild necessarily think of themselves in the terms that this category might infer
- My limited understanding of some of the very wealthy, is that they guard their privacy and limit their social contacts to small circles and to this point the term 'socialite' might be considered both offensive and factually incorrect
JarrahTree 08:36, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- Agree. I think the cat should be depopulated and deleted. Unless we have reliable sources terming them socialites, we shouldn't categorize them as such. — Chris Woodrich (talk) 08:46, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- So in the sense of Prove it (with WP:RS) - that a person or family are wild party goers ? - that leaves the families of the rich and powerful without an easy handle category as has been used so far.... it is clear that they are not necessarily socialites, what are they then - apart from being very powerful, very rich and in most cases quite private people? JarrahTree 08:51, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
Need help identifying Indonesian sources
So I came across 7icons today, and it has no inline cites whatsoever; I'm trying to figure out if, aside from the blog and excessive Youtube sources, the other sources are legit, as I can't read Indonesian. Also, if anyone knows about the subject, an Indonesian all-female electropop band, it'd be great to know if they can be deemed notable or if you know of any other reliable sources we could use. Thanks, BLUSTER⌉⌊BLASTER 18:00, 29 July 2015 (UTC)