Witton, North Norfolk
A view of Witton Church
|Witton shown within Norfolk|
|Area||9.77 km2 (3.77 sq mi)|
|• Density||33/km2 (85/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||NORTH WALSHAM|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Witton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is located 8 km (5.0 mi) east of the town of North Walsham and 30 km (19 mi) north of the city of Norwich. It should not be confused with the quite different Norfolk village of similar name in the parish of Postwick with Witton, some 8 km (5.0 mi) east of Norwich.
The civil parish (officially known as Witton) also includes the village of Ridlington and has an area of 9.77 km2 (3.77 sq mi) and in the 2001 census had a population of 298 in 134 households, increasing to a population of 318 in 141 households at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of North Norfolk.
The parish church has a round tower, making it one of the many round-towered churches in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Ordnance Survey (2002). OS Explorer Map 252 - Norfolk Coast East. ISBN 0-319-21888-0
- Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001)
- "St Margaret, Witton (Witton by Walsham)". Norfolk Churches. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- for Witton, North Norfolk.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Witton.
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|