|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
|Assumed office |
27 November 2014
Yevhen Serhiyovych Deidei
12 July 1987
Reni, Odessa Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||People's Front|
(m. 2008; div. 2018)
Daryna Mykhaylivna Ledovsʹkykh
|Mother||Olʹha Mykolayivna Deidei (Volkova)|
|Father||Serhiy Yakovych Deidei|
|Alma mater||National University Odessa Law Academy|
Yevhen Serhiyovych Deidei (Ukrainian: Євген Сергійович Дейдей; born 12 July 1987) is a Ukrainian politician and coordinator of the battalion of the Special Tasks Patrol Police "Kiev-1" of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Kiev.
He is people's deputy of Ukraine since November 2014. In 2012 he was sentenced to five years for robbery.
Yevhen Deidei was born on 12 July 1987 in the small town of Reni, Odessa Oblast, which lies on the left bank of the Danube. His father, a deputy of the town council of Reni, Serhiy Yakovych Deidei, in 2011 he was convicted of fraud by the decision of Izmailsky District Court of Odessa Oblast. His mother - Olʹha Mykolayivna Deidei (née Volkova), he has a brother Serhiy.
Yevhen Deidei was convicted of robbery in 2012. The verdict was pronounced by the Suvorov district court of Odessa on 23 March 2012. Deidei received 5 years for robbery without confiscation of property. His accomplice Oleksiy Lyakhovolʹskiy (later he became his assistant in Verkhovna Rada) received the same term of imprisonment - 5 years without confiscation of property. According to the court decision, Deidei acquired a hunting shotgun "TOZ" without any permit, later he sawed off the shoulder stock and barrel of the shotgun, which he kept with him without any legal rights. On 2 February 2011, Deidei and Lyakhovolʹskiy made the first robbery attack on A. Trandasir and S. Trandasir on the 1st Student Lane in Odessa. They beat citizens and took their mobile phone and money. In the evening of the same day, Deidei and Lyakhovolʹskiy attacked two men, A. Khmuryy and I. Sakal, at the corner of Krasnoslobodskaya Street and Yasha Gordienko Street. On the night of 3 February, near the house No. 3 along Ostrovsky Street, the criminals committed the third attack - on S. Syvoplyasov, D. Shevchuk and V. Rudkovsʹka. Accomplices began to beat the men, when they were noticed by militsiya officers. Lyakhovolʹskiy was arrested while trying to escape from the crime scene. On 11 February, after the opening of the criminal case, Deidei was also arrested.
Deidei and Lyakhovolʹskiy fully admitted their guilt in the above explained crimes. On 23 March 2012, Suvorov District Court of Odessa sentenced Yevhen Deidei and Oleksiy Lyakhovolʹskiy for robbery to five years in prison without confiscating of property (with a delay of three years). According to the decision of the Liubashivka District Court of the Odessa Oblast of 6 April 2015, Lyakhovolʹskiy was released from the punishment. From the end of 2013, Deidei began to hide from the authorities, but was not wanted. After the beginning of the protests in Ukraine, Yevhen Deidei became the Sotnik of the 7th Sotnia of “Self-Defense of the Maidan”.
War in Donbass
In 2014, Deidei became the coordinator of the battalion of the Special Tasks Patrol Police "Kiev-1" of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Kiev. In November 2014, he became a people's deputy of the 8th convocation of the Verkhovna Rada on the list of the "People's Front" party.
In the same year, Yevhen Deidei became the coordinator of the battalion of the Special Tasks Patrol Police "Kiev-1" of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Kiev. On 10 September 2014, along with other commanders of volunteer battalions he was included in the Council of war of Ukraine during the congress of the party "People's Front".
On 24 February 2015, the car in which Yevhen Deidei was driving was shot from an RPG-7 rocket-propelled grenade launcher. This incident occurred in the area of Marinka, Donetsk Oblast. Deidei managed to escape from the scene of the shelling, along with two soldiers of the "Kiev-1" battalion, and get to the Kurakhove district department.
On 14 July 2017, Deidei received a shrapnel wound of a foot with an 82-mm shell in Avdiivka. This was reported by his comrade-in-arms in the "Kiev-1" battalion. The Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine opened criminal proceedings. According to Ukrainian journalists, at the time when Yevhen Deidei was in Avdiivka, there was not recorded any heavy shelling.
During Euromaidan, Yevhen Deidei met a number of politicians who occupied or subsequently occupied high posts in the Ukrainian authorities - Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Arsen Avakov, and Oleksandr Turchynov. Deidei spoke about his decision to become a parliamentarian as follows: "I decided to go to the Verkhovna Rada because I saw people there [in Maidan Nezalezhnosti] who were different from those politicians who were there before us. [Previous politicians] did nothing, but robbery and theft. And I saw a perspective in these people, so I decided to follow them."
In 2014, he was elected to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (of the 8th convocation) on the People's Front party lists. In March 2015, he became a member of the inter-factional deputy group "Deputy Control".
On 6 February 2015, a number of media published photos of correspondence between the deputy of the "People's Front" Oleksandr Kodola and Yevhen Deidei. The latter promised $ 1,500 for Kodola for "asking a question" to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Vitaly Yarema, during his speech at the Verkhovna Rada. Kodola asked Yarema about the former First deputy prosecutor of the Pecherskyi District of Kiev and, at that time, the Prosecutor of the Prymorsky City District of Odessa, Oleksandr Kuz'menko, who opposed the Euromaidan activists.
In March 2016, the head of the largest Ukrainian gas producer UkrGasVydobuvannya Oleh Prokhorenko appealed to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau, the Prosecutor General’s Office, and the National Police to investigate the activities of deputies Maxym Polyakov and Yevhen Deidei, who, according to Prokhorenko, puting pressure on the company. Deidei protested against the appointment of Andrey Tokar to the post of Director of logistics of UkrGasVydobuvannya due to the fact that he previously worked at the Saratov Oil Refinery in Russia: "How can such a strategic object as UkrGasVydobuvannya be under the leadership of Putin's lapdogs?! It can't be allowed to happen," - Deidei wrote on his Facebook page on 3 March 2016. Yevhen Deidei also participated in a protest action close to the UkrGasVydobuvannya's Office, and he gave to the company management a letter with demanding to dismiss Tokar. UkrGasVydobuvannya's COO Oleksandr Romanyuk noted that such a position of the deputy frightens away foreign workers who speak Russian or English and have experience that Ukrainian citizens don't have.
In July 2016, the Governor of Odessa Oblast and the third President of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, accused Deidei of blocking the attraction of Latvian investments in the port of Reni on behalf of Arsen Avakov. Saakashvili also expressed outrage of Deidei’s criminal past: "A Latvian investor could invest €6 million in the Reni port, several hundred Renians could get a job. This is a depressive port. But deputy Deidei, who was convicted four times, calls me and on behalf of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, says that the Latvians should not be allowed. What does the MIA have to do with the port of Reni? And why a four times convicted person is sitting in the parliament and allowing himself to call and discussing such topics with me?"
In May 2017, the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Yuriy Lutsenko, sent to the Verkhovna Rada a request for the removal of parliamentary immunity from Yevhen Deidei. He was suspected of violating Article 368-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine ("illegal enrichment"). On 3 July, Lutsenko, during a meeting of the Rada's Regulatory Committee, showed recordings of telephone conversations about Inga Deidei's loan of UAH 3.5 million from businessman Ihor Linchevsʹkyy. These records do not confirm the origin of the money through the loan. The materials of the Prosecutor's Office, sent in July 2017 to the Verkhovna Rada, stated the following:
- According to the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, from 1 June 2009 to 31 December 2016 Yevhen Deidei received a total income of UAH 241,883.3.
- His ex-wife Inga Deidei from 14 September 2007 to 31 December 2016 received a total income of UAH 1,198,822.5.
- Total income of the Deidei family was UAH 1,440,705.84.
- In the declaration of Yevhen Deidei, it was stated that Inga had financial obligations to Ihor Linchevsʹkyy in the amount of UAH 3.5 million.
- During the pre-trial investigation, it was established that the loan agreement between Inga Deidei and Ihor Linchevsʹkyy wasn't executed, and the money wasn't transferred.
- With a total income of UAH 1,440,705.84, Yevhen Deidei officially indicated assets of UAH 6,133,690.95 - an apartment in Kiev worth UAH 2,893,993.06, two Audi Q7 cars (worth UAH 1,574,818.67 and UAH 1,664,879.22).
On 1 November 2018, Yevhen Deidei was included in the Russian sanctions list in connection with Ukraine’s unfriendly actions towards citizens and legal entities of the Russian Federation.
- Order For Courage, 3rd class (2 August 2014). On 19 September 2018, a message appeared in the official government newspaper Uryadovy Kuryer, in which the Order For Courage (together with the order book) received by Deidei was declared lost.
- Honorary weapon – Glock-17 pistol (11 March 2015).
- 25 Years of Independence of Ukraine Medal (19 August 2016).
In 2013, Deidei didn't declare any income. He owned a 15-year-old Toyota Corolla, and his wife Inga had a 5-year-old Subaru Tribeca. In 2014, Inga Deidei, who earned UAH 14.5 thousand (USD 539) in a year, acquired a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro. Camaro was sold next year for UAH 700 thousand, instead of it two Audi Q7 were bought for a total of UAH 3.5 million. According to the declaration, the money came from a loan given to Inga.
In 2015, Yevhen Deidei declared expenses in the amount of UAH 2,737 million for the construction of an apartment - without specifying the source of this money. In this regard, National Anti-Corruption Bureau opened criminal proceedings under article No. 368-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine ("Illegal enrichment"). At the end of 2015, Yevhen Deidei declared USD 30 thousand in cash, and his former spouse - USD 41 thousand and UAH 350 thousand. At the same time, the deputy’s salary for 2015 was UAH 70.6 thousand, he also received UAH 80.5 thousand as compensation for the exercise of powers, as well as UAH 180 thousand as compensation for rental housing, while Inga Deidei earned UAH 39 thousand.
According to an investigation of independent journalist Volodymyr Boyko, Yevhen Deidei owns a luxury car park, consisting of Infiniti FX35 (2009), Chevrolet Camaro (2012), Audi A7 (2011), Toyota Land Cruiser 200 (2013), Porsche Cayenne (2011), as well as the two above-mentioned Audi Q7 (2015).
- Гены Дейдея: отец нардепа тоже был судимым (in Russian). ua1.com.ua. 21 March 2017. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Дейдей Евгений Сергеевич (in Russian). politrada.com. 2016. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- 27-летний нардеп Евгений Дейдей: Мне позвонили и сказали: ты 32-й в списке. Думаю: прикольно! (in Russian). Glavcom.ua. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Журналист: одесский нардеп Дейдей был обычным гопником и имеет судимость за разбой (in Russian). timer-odessa.net. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Oleksiy Romanov (29 March 2017). Все о деньгах и бизнесе нардепа Дейдея, который предлагал бить битами коллег-депутатов (in Russian). Strana.ua. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Владимир Бойко (19 March 2017). «Бойовий шлях» Євгена Дейдея (in Ukrainian). volodymyrboyko.com. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Приговор (in Russian). Єдиний державний реєстр судових рішень. 15 June 2012. Archived from the original on 25 June 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Кримінальне минуле депутата Дейдея: збройний напад та алкогольний розбій (in Ukrainian). 24 Channel. 14 September 2017. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- Постановление (in Ukrainian). Єдиний державний реєстр судових рішень. 2015-04-10. Archived from the original on 23 March 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Евгений Дейдей (in Russian). 112 Ukraine. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- Кто такой Дейдей: журналист обнародовал вопиющие факты о нардепе (in Russian). Channel 24. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Дейдей ранен — полк «Киев» (in Russian). gordonua.com. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- По факту ранения Дейдея в промзоне Авдеевки открыто уголовное производство, предварительная квалификация «теракт» (in Russian). 112 Ukraine. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- В районе, где ранили Дейдея, минометных обстрелов не было (in Russian). 2000 newspaper. 15 July 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Нардеп из партии Яценюка «заработал» $1500 за вопрос Яреме. Фото- и видеофакт (in Russian). obozrevatel.com. 7 February 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- Мастер-класс по заработку 1500 долларов за 10 секунд: как нардеп Кодола задал вопрос Яреме о прокуроре Кузьменко «за спасибо» и не только от своего коллеги Дейдея (in Russian). prokurorska-pravda.today. 6 February 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- Депутаты Поляков и Дейдей распугивают экспатов «Укргазвыдобування» (in Russian). Delo.ua. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Заяви Соболєва щодо ПАТ «Укргазвидобування» є повною нісенітницею, — депутати Поляков і Дейдей (in Ukrainian). iPress.ua. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Соратники Яценюка хотіли змусити голову «УГВ» укладати невигідні контракти (in Ukrainian). Economichna Pravda. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Саакашвили Leaks" (in Russian). nv.ua. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- Луценко опубликовал фамилии нардепов, с которых требует снять мандаты (in Russian). 1+1/TSN. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Луценко о деле Дейдея: речь идет о незаконном обогащении (in Russian). RIA Novosti Ukraine. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Дейдей частно летает с Дзензерским, помощник которого дал ему кредит (in Russian). Ukrayinska Pravda. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- До Верховної ради України (in Ukrainian). Ukrayinska Pravda. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- О мерах по реализации Указа Президента России «О применении специальных экономических мер в связи с недружественными действиями Украины в отношении граждан и юридических лиц Российской Федерации» (in Russian). Government of Russia. 1 November 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Указ президента України №631/2014 «Про відзначення державними нагородами України» (in Ukrainian). Official website of the President of Ukraine. 2 August 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Нардеп Дейдей потерял орден «За мужество» (in Russian). Gordonua.com. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Нардеп Дейдей утратил орден «За мужество», который дал ему Порошенко в 2014 году (in Russian). Ukrainian Independent Information Agency. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Депутат Дейдей потерял орден «За мужество» (in Russian). lb.ua. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Roman Romanyuk, Mariya Zhartovsʹka (13 January 2017). Нагородний фронт. Кому Аваков подарував 400 стволів (in Ukrainian). Ukrayinska Pravda. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Указ президента України № 336/2016 «Про нагородження відзнакою президента України — Ювілейною медаллю „25 років незалежності України“» (in Ukrainian). Official website of the President of Ukraine. 19 August 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Дейдей Євген Сергійович — декларация (in Ukrainian). The official portal of the Verkhovna Rada. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- Намайданил: семья нардепа-«евромайдановца» существенно поправила материальное положение (in Russian). Timer-odessa.net. 31 October 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- Спасибо Майдану за все: как гопник Дейдей стал «королем титушек» и нардепом (in Russian). nahnews.org (Kharkiv News Agency). 1 November 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- «Гопник стал владельцем элитного автопарка»: журналист «слил» данные о богатстве Дейдея (in Russian). Obozrevatel. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Владимир Бойко (3 April 2017). З гопників – у законодавці (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 14 May 2019.