You're Welcome America
|You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George W Bush|
Poster for You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George W Bush
|Written by||Will Ferrell|
|Characters||George W. Bush|
|Date premiered||February 5, 2009|
|Place premiered||Cort Theatre
New York City
You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush is a comedic Broadway play starring Will Ferrell as George W. Bush, which ran from February 5, 2009, to March 15, 2009.  Ferrell, who depicted Bush on Saturday Night Live, also wrote the play, which is directed by his long-time comedy partner Adam McKay. According to a review at The Improper.com, "Combined with lewd humor and an uncanny cast of characters to help him drive home his alter ego's West Texas mannerisms, Ferrell’s showpiece is a true delight."
- Will Ferrell as George W. Bush
- Patrick Ferrell as Jerry the Secret Service agent
- Pia Glenn as Condoleezza Rice
- Adam Mucci as Pilot
- Michael Delaney as Audience Heckler
- Louis Colaianni Vocal coach
Tony Award nomination
- "The Comedy of Ineptitude, Political Division".
- The Improper.com
- Patrick Healy. "You’re Welcome Broadway: Ferrell’s ‘Bush’ Breaks House Record", The New York Times, February 17, 2009
- Richard Ouzounian. "Will Ferrell's masterful and frightening portrayal of Bush." March 03, 2009, Toronto Star "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2009. 2
- "Will Ferrell: You're Welcome, America. A Final Night with George W. Bush".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: You're Welcome America|