Zenit News Agency
The ZENIT Internet site describes the perspective of the agency as one which is "convinced of the extraordinary richness of the Catholic Church's message, particularly its social doctrine ... [and which] sees this message as a light for understanding today's world." ZENIT's "compass is the social doctrine of the Church, summarized in the Compendium published by the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace" of the Holy See.
ZENIT began publication in 1997 and presently publishes in seven languages. By its own account, ZENIT has 520,000 email subscribers and its articles have been reprinted in more than 100,000 media sources.
According to the ZENIT site, Innovative Media Inc. publishes and edits the publications of the agency, and ZENIT works directly or in collaboration with the following non-profits internationally: Fundación ZENIT España in Spain, Association ZENIT in France, ZENIT eV in Germany, and Asociacao ZENIT in Brazil. Innovative Media Inc. is a non-profit corporation based in New York, United States, according to ZENIT, and is registered as a non-profit organization in Atlanta, Georgia. Its president is Antonio Maza.
ZENIT states that Aid to the Church in Need, the Italian Episcopal Conference, and the Legion of Christ largely funded it during its first three years. As of 2007, ZENIT stated that donations of its readers account for 75% of its funding and donations of institutions and benefactors for 13%. One report in the progressive Commonweal magazine alleges that Innovative Media Inc. is a "front" for the Legion of Christ.
- Catholic News Service
- National Catholic Register
- National Catholic Reporter
- Faith & Family Magazine
- Delia Gallagher, former columnist and editor
- Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace (April 2005). "Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church. To his Holiness Pope John Paul II Master of Social Doctrine and Evangelical Witness to Justice and Peace". Libreria Editrice Vaticana. ISBN 88-209-7716-8. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "FAQ - Organization". zenit.org. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- ZENIT website | Audience. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- West, Christopher (2003). Theology of the Body Explained: A Commentary on John Paul II’s "Gospel of the Body". Gracewing. p. 487. ISBN 0-85244-600-4.
- ZENIT FAQ - Identity and Organization. Retrieved July 2007.
- TaxExemptWorld.com | Innovative Media Inc Report. Retrieved July 2007.
- Internal Revenue Service | Search for Charities, Online Version of Publication 78. Searched for Innovative Media (all words), nationwide. Retrieved July 2007.
- ZENIT website | The ZENIT team. Retrieved July 2007.
- All About ZENIT | Growth and Financing Retrieved July 2007.
- zenit.org | Annual Budget. Retrieved July 2007.
- Schilling, Timothy (8 September 2006). "Spreading the News: A Report on Europe's New Evangelization". Commonweal. Section on ZENIT is also available here .
- zenit.org Official site
- Schilling, Timothy (September 8, 2006). "Spreading the News: A Report on Europe's New Evangelization". Commonweal. Section on ZENIT is also available here