From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1010. For the number, see 1010 (number). For other uses, see 1010 (disambiguation).
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||980s 990s 1000s – 1010s – 1020s 1030s 1040s|
|Years:||1007 1008 1009 – 1010 – 1011 1012 1013|
|1010 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1763|
|Bahá'í calendar||−834 – −833|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3706 or 3646
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3707 or 3647
|- Vikram Samvat||1066–1067|
|- Shaka Samvat||932–933|
|- Kali Yuga||4111–4112|
|Japanese calendar||Kankō 7
|Minguo calendar||902 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1553|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1010.|
- The city of Yaroslavl is said to have been founded.
- Hisham II the Nephast is restored as Umayyad caliph of Córdoba, succeeding Muhammad II al-Mahdi.
- Allied to Muslim rebels, the count of Barcelona sacks Cordoba.
- March 8 – Persian poet Ferdowsi finishes writing the Shahnameh (Book of Kings) which will be regarded as the national epic of the greater Iranian culture.
- The Lý Dynasty is established in Vietnam (or 1009) and moves the capital to Hanoi.
- The Goryeo king is unseated in a revolt, resulting in an invasion by the Liao Dynasty and the burning of the Korean capital Gaegyeong in the Second Goryeo-Khitan War.
- Song Zhun of Song Dynasty China completes the work of the earlier geographer Lu Duosun, an enormous atlas of China that is written and illustrated in 1,556 chapters, showing maps of each region, city, town, and village. The atlas took 39 years to complete.
- Viking explorer Thorfinn Karlsefni attempted to found a settlement in North America (approximate date).
- The construction of Brihadeeswarar temple, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India, ends. Chola Dynasty, Early Medieval period.
- Rajaraja I and His Teacher, detail of a wall painting in the Brihadeeswarar temple, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India, is made. Chola Dynasty. Early Medieval period (approximate date).
- Lady Murasaki writes The Tale of Genji in Japanese (approximate date).
- Beowulf is written anonymously (approximate date).
- May 30 – Emperor Renzong of China (d. 1063)
- June 2 – Benno, bishop of Meissen (d. 1106)
- King Bermudo III of León (d. 1037)
- Ali Ahmad Nasawi, (d. 1075)
- Michael IV the Paphlagonian, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1041)
- Archbishop Gebhard of Salzburg (d. 1088)
- Otto of Savoy (d. 1060)
- Adalbero of Würzburg, Bishop of Würzburg and Count of Lambach-Wels (d. 1090)
- John Curcuas, Byzantine catepan of Italy
- Ælfric of Eynsham, English abbot
- Aimoin, French monk and chronicler
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.