From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1190s 1200s 1210s – 1220s – 1230s 1240s 1250s|
|Years:||1226 1227 1228 – 1229 – 1230 1231 1232|
|1229 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1229 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1982|
|Bahá'í calendar||-615 – -614|
|English Regnal year||13 Hen. 3 – 14 Hen. 3|
|Chinese calendar||戊子年 (Earth Rat)
3925 or 3865
— to —
己丑年 (Earth Ox)
3926 or 3866
|- Vikram Samvat||1285–1286|
|- Shaka Samvat||1151–1152|
|- Kali Yuga||4330–4331|
|Japanese calendar||Antei 3 / Kangi 1
|Minguo calendar||683 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1772|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1229.|
- February 18 – Sixth Crusade: Frederick II signs a ten-year truce with al-Kamil, regaining Jerusalem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem with neither military engagements nor support from the papacy.
- March 6 (Shrove Tuesday) – The 2-year University of Paris strike begins with a student riot.
- March 18 – Sixth Crusade: Frederick II crowns himself King of Jerusalem.
- April 12 – The Treaty of Paris brings the Albigensian Crusade to an end.
- April 23 – Alfonso IX of León conquers Cáceres.
- September 12 – The Catalan-Aragonese army under the command of James I of Aragon disembarks at Santa Ponça, Majorca, with the purpose of conquering the island.
- November 28 or November 29 – Erik Eriksson is defeated in the Battle of Olustra and deposed as king of Sweden by Knut Långe, who proclaims himself the new king.
- The Catholic Church permanently establishes the Inquisition, in the charge of the Dominican Order in Rome.
- Beverston Castle, Gloucestershire, England is founded.
- Following the deadlock tie in the election of the Venetian Doge, the number of electors is increased from 40 to 41 in order to prevent such future occurrences.
- The University of Toulouse is founded in France.
- The city of Turku, Finland is founded.
- The city of Rapperswil is established by Count Rudolf II of Rapperswil
- January 17 – Albert of Buxhoeveden, German soldier
- Yaqut al-Hamawi, Arab biographer and geographer (b. 1179)