|Born||6 March 1990|
|Origin||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Genres||Film Score, Playback Singing|
|Occupations||Singer, Music Director|
He hails from Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. His father has a music group of his own and his mother sings devotional songs. From childhood he used to sit with them during practice and trained under Vinod Kumar Dwivedi. He used to practice for nearly 12 hours a day. He is a student of Jugal Devi Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Kanpur.
Tiwari worked with T.V broadcasters including Sony TV, Star Plus and Colors, producing background scores for some of their daily soap operas. He sang in some of the productions. In 2011, he composed music for Saregama's devotional album Sai Ki Tasveer performed by Richa Sharma.
After that, he became a solo music director. He worked with STAR News on their project Khoob Ladi Mardani dedicated to Rani Lakshmibai sung by Richa Sharma. This in turn lead him to his next project Vishesh Films's, Aashiqui 2 directed by Mohit Suri 
He has also lent his voice to the tunes of Himesh Reshammiya and Ismail Darbar. His releases in 2014 include 'Ek Villain', followed by a Rajshri Production movie, a Ramesh Sippy Films venture, a T-series project and Desi Magic, the debut for actor Ameesha Patel as producer.
On May 9, 2014, Tiwari was arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend, while his brother was booked on complaint of making threats to her life.
He was booked under rape charges after a 28-year-old advertising professional approached the Versova police station alleging rape. In her complaint, the woman has said the singer raped her on many occasions since July 2013 after promising marriage.
One week later, he was granted bail by the Sessions Court on the condition that he furbish a bond of Rs. 20000/-. Further Ankit’s bail warrant states that the victim’s statement holds contradictory remarks, and that Ankit has been falsely accused in the case.
- "Would love to sing for SRK and Ranbir: Ankit Tiwari". Business Standard. June 13, 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Fame and success are temporary, believes Ankit Tiwari". The Times Of India. May 3, 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Celebrity Photo Gallery, Celebrity Wallpapers, Celebrity Videos, Bio, News, Songs, Movies". In.com. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Sai moments: Richa Sharma has come up with a devotional album". The Hindu. Apr 2, 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Would love to sing for SRK and Ranbir: Ankit Tiwari - Entertainment News - Sahara Samay". English.samaylive.com. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- For him, success sings Tum Hi Ho
- "Bollywood singer Ankit Tiwari held for raping his girlfriend". The Indian Express. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "‘Aashiqui 2′ singer Ankit Tiwari granted bail". The Indian Express. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.