||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2012)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ANSS|
|Founded||Canonsburg, Pennsylvania (1970)|
|Headquarters||Cecil Township, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Key people||Peter J. Smith, Chairman
James E. Cashman, III, President & CEO
(See complete listing.)
|Revenue||US$691M (FY 2011)|
|Operating income||US$265M (FY 2011)|
|Net income||US$180M (FY 2011)|
|Total assets||US$1.92B (FY 2009)|
|Total equity||US$1.31B (FY 2009)|
ANSYS, Inc. is an engineering simulation software (computer-aided engineering, or CAE) developer that is headquartered south of Pittsburgh in the Southpointe business park in Cecil Township, Pennsylvania, United States.
ANSYS was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in 1996. In late 2011, ANSYS received the highest possible score on its SmartSelect Composite Ratings according to Investor's Business Daily. The organization reinvests 15 percent of its revenues each year into research to continually refine the software.
Simulation Technology: Structural Mechanics, Multiphysics, Fluid Dynamics, Explicit Dynamics, Electromagnetics, Hydrodynamics (AQWA).
Workflow Technology: ANSYS Workbench Platform, High-Performance Computing, Geometry Interfaces, Simulation Process & Data Management.
The company was founded in 1970. by Dr. John A. Swanson as Swanson Analysis Systems, Inc (SASI). Its primary purpose was to develop and market finite element analysis software for structural physics that could simulate static (stationary), dynamic (moving) and thermal (heat transfer) problems. SASI developed its business in parallel with the growth in computer technology and engineering needs. The company grew by 10 percent to 20 percent each year, and in 1994 it was sold to TA Associates. The new owners took SASI’s leading software, called ANSYS®, as their flagship product and designated ANSYS, Inc. as the new company name.
ANSYS has acquired a number of companies since 2000, including ICEM CFD Engineering, CADOE, CFX (2003), Century Dynamics, Harvard Thermal, Fluent Inc. (2006), Ansoft Corporation (2008), Apache Design Solutions (2011), Esterel Technologies (2012), EVEN (2013), Reaction Design (2013), and Spaceclaim Corporation (2014).
- Wiki Invest http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/ANSYS_(ANSS)/Data/Total_Revenues
- Wiki Invest http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/ANSYS_(ANSS)/Data/Operating_Income
- Wiki Invest http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/ANSYS_(ANSS)/Data/Derived_Net_Income
- ANSYS (ANSS) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- Investors.com http://news.investors.com/article/593602/201112050805/top-stocks-include-intuitive-surgical-nuance.htm?Ntt=ansys-smartselect&p=3
- SEC Filing http://anss.client.shareholder.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1193125-12-74501&CIK=1013462
- Esterel + ANSYS will change an industry, http://www.corumgroup.com/Blog/esterel-ansys-will-change-industry
- ANSYS Acquires SpaceClaim Corporation, http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/ansys/usn/usnews-story.aspx?cid=806&newsid=16276