Mofakham's Mirror House
|• Mayor||Keyvan Dejhout|
|• Total||36 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|• Density||5,500/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||not observed (UTC+3:30)|
|Area code(s)||(+98) 584|
The ancient city was situated on a hill northwest of the present city of Bojnurd called Sareban Mehalleh, also known as Sarvan Mahaleh by local people.
Maneh is a small sector in the northwest of Bojnurd city.
The city is quite famous for its multicultural background. Many people speak at least 2 different languages including Persian, Tati, Khorasani Turkic, Kurmanci Kurdish, and Turkmen. Intermarriage between said ethnic groups is common.
The city is famous for its Turkmen horses and professional horse training centers. People from all over the world often come over to visit these highlights.
The city contains many historical and natural attractions, such as mineral water springs, small lakes, recreational areas, caves and protected regions, and various hiking areas. Most of the historical relics are from the Qajar era, as earthquakes continue to ravage older relics.
Some of the popular attractions of Bojnurd are:
- Besh Qardash (five brothers) mineral spring
- Baba Aman Spring and Jungle Park
- Mufakham mirror house, built during the Qajar era
- Mufakham Historical Hospital, built during the Qajar era
- Mausoleum of Sultan Seyed Abbas (brother of Imam Reza)
- Bazkhaneh valley
- Ayyub mineral spring
- Ruwin village
Colleges and universities
- University of Bojnurd
- Islamic Azad University of Bojnurd
- Eshragh Institute of Higher Education (Bojnurd, North Khorasan)
- Payam Noor University of Bojnurd
Notables from Bojnurd
- Yar Mohammad Khan Shadlou (Siham al-Dowleh Bojnordi), the governor of North Khorasan in Qajar dynasty
- Abdolhossein Teymourtash (Sardar Moazzam Khorasani), a distinguished and influential of the 20th century (Pahlavi Dynasty)
- Mirza Hassan Mousavi Bojnurdi, Famous Shia Marja (Religious Reference)
- Mohammad Mousavi Bojnurdi, Iranian Islamic jurisprudence and Lawyer, relative to Ruhollah Khomeini, and key member of Association of Combatant Clerics
- Ali Abchuri (Alikhan Yazdani), Musician (Instrument: Qushmeh)
- Hossein Bah-bi, Musician (Instrument: Dayereh)
- Hasan Bakhshi, Musician (Instrument: Dutar)
- Kazem Mousavi Bojnurdi, historian, theologian, writer and the curator of the National Library of Iran (1997-2005)
- Mohammad Davari, Journalist, known for arrest in 2009–10 Iranian election protests
|Climate data for Bojnurd|
|Average high °C (°F)||6.3
|Average low °C (°F)||−3.4
|Precipitation mm (inches)||27.6
|Avg. precipitation days||11.1||11.5||12.8||10.6||9.6||3.6||2.6||2.0||2.4||5.6||8.3||10.1||90.2|
|Source: World Meteorological Organisation|
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Bojnurd, Iran".
- Bojnord can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3056548" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
|Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Bujnūrd.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bojnord .|
- Dance inspired by the folk dances of Bojnord, musicians:
Great master of tambourine(they call " Dayre" )by: Asaddollah Gholinejad, Ali Abchuri( Ghoshme),Hasan Bakhshi(Do Tar)