Square in Brummen
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Alex van Hedel (VVD)|
|• Total||85.01 km2 (32.82 sq mi)|
|• Land||83.97 km2 (32.42 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.04 km2 (0.40 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||251/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Brummen has a small railway station - Brummen railway station on the line between Zutphen and Arnhem. The village is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest of Zutphen, no farther than 1.5 km from the IJssel river. About two kilometers west of the village, on the edge of the Veluwe forest area, lies the Engelenburg resort, a castle-like house. It is in use as a hotel for golf players and has a 9-hole golf-link.
- Eerbeek (the largest village in the municipality)
- Empe (which has a small railway station on the line Apeldoorn-Zutphen)
- Hall with an interesting chapel dating from the Middle Ages
- Brummen railway station is served by 2 trains per hour serving places such as Zutphen, Dieren, Arnhem and Nijmegen.
Twin towns — sister cities
Brummen is twinned with:
- "Burgemeesters en wethouders" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Brummen. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6971BV". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|