Carnival Valor departing Miami, USA
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Lines|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Christened:||December 17, 2004 by Katie Couric in Miami|
|In service:||December 2004-present|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9236389
Call Sign H3VR
|Class & type:||Conquest-class cruise ship|
|Length:||952 ft (290.2 m)|
|Beam:||116 ft (35.4 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||63,400 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two shafts|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Carnival Valor is a post-Panamax Conquest-class cruise ship operated by Carnival Cruise Lines based out of the Port of Miami, Florida and has a "Heroes and Heroics" theme. Duty-free shopping, a spa, a casino, and numerous entertainment options are some of her features. She offers seven-night cruises to the Southern Caribbean.
Carnival Valor's home port is San Juan, Puerto Rico. She currently[when?] sails 7-night cruises that call at Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Bridgetown, Barbados, Soufriere, Saint Lucia, Basseterre and Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. In January 2013, it moved to San Juan from Miami, Florida, which was her homeport since her inaugural sailing in 2004.
Renovation of 2008 and 2011
During her recent renovation in 2008, Valor received a large movie screen on the "Lido" pool deck and a new Mongolian grill section for the buffet restaurant.
The following improvements were made during Valor's dry dock from 01/30/11 to 02/13/11: routine hotel maintenance, cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work and reupholstering in lounges and public areas, ADA compliant modifications in various areas of the ship, addition of Serenity “Adults-Only” area on Deck 12 and 14 forward, and the addition of 2 new Captain’s Suites and 6 new Scenic Ocean View staterooms on Deck 9 forward. Fitness equipment is schedule to be replaced post dry-dock.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Valor moving toward Miami". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Couric to serve as ship godmother". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-09-20. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Valor (IMO: 9236389)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Triumph (732488)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard. https://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXDetails.aspx?VesselID=732488.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Valor.|