Coral Reef Drive
|Coral Reef Drive
South 152nd Street
|Maintained by FDOT and Miami-Dade County|
|Length:||11.1 mi (17.9 km)
SR 992 length: 2.462 mi (3.962 km).
|Existed:||1983 (as SR 992) – present|
|West end:|| Homestead Ext in Three Lakes—Palmetto Estates—
|East end:|| US 1 in Palmetto Estates—Kendall—
Coral Reef Drive, also known as South 152nd Street, is a 11.1-mile-long (17.9 km) main east–west road south of downtown Miami in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. It serves to connect the communities of Country Walk and Richmond Heights with Palmetto Bay. State Road 992 is designated along the 2.462-mile-long (3.962 km) section of Coral Reef Drive between the Homestead Extension of Florida's Turnpike and US 1.
Route description 
Western section 
Coral Reef Drive begins at Krome Avenue (SR 997) as an unsigned dirt farm access road north of Aladdin City. It extends east across farmland until reaching the western neighborhoods of Country Walk at Southwest 162nd Avenue, whereupon it becomes a two-laned sealed surface street along the southern edge of a housing estate. After crossing Southwest 157th Avenue, Coral Reef Drive forms the boundary between Country Walk and Richmond West. Here, it also becomes a palm-lined road, travelling along the back of houses on either side, increasing in width to four lanes after crossing Naranja Road (Southwest 147th Avenue). After crossing a canal, Coral Reef Drive continues to pass in between neighborhoods until it reaches a couple of small shopping malls and Lindgren Road (Southwest 137th Avenue), a northern portion of which is designated as SR 825. East of here, Coral Reef Drive passes along the southern boundary of Three Lakes; while to its south lies the former Richmond Naval Air Station site, now taken up by the South Campus of the University of Miami, the Gold Coast Railroad Museum and Zoo Miami. After passing a shopping mall at Three Lakes' eastern end, Coral Reef Drive meets the Homestead Extension of Florida's Turnpike, gaining the SR 992 designation.
State Road 992 section 
State Road 992 begins at the interchange of Coral Reef Drive with the Homestead Extension of Florida's Turnpike, and proceeds east as a four-laned divided road, immediately forming the boundary between Richmond Heights and Palmetto Estates, and continues on through residential neighborhoods. In sections along Coral Reef Drive's northern side lie frontage roads, allowing access to side streets and some residential properties; however, most houses continue to back on to the road like in areas to the west of the Turnpike. In eastern Richmond Heights, SR 992 passes the Coral Reef Senior High School, and then forms the northern boundary of the Palmetto Golf Course as it leaves Richmond Heights on its left and meets the southern-most tip of Kendall. After passing the Jackson South Community Hospital (formerly known as Deering Hospital), SR 992 crosses the South Miami-Dade Busway and terminates at US 1, with Coral Reef Drive extending eastwards beyond the highway into Palmetto Bay.
Eastern section 
As Coral Reef Drive crosses US 1, it enters the village of Palmetto Bay, and continues eastwards as a two-laned suburban street through residential areas. After a couple of miles, Coral Reef Drive intersects with Old Cutler Road, and then continues a short distance to terminate at the southern end of Ludlam Road, with its pavement extending east as Paradise Point Drive into a gated community on the shores of Biscayne Bay.
||This section needs attention from an expert in U.S. Roads, U.S. Streets, Miami or Florida. (April 2013)|
SR 992 was signed in 1983.
Major intersections 
This table only includes the portion of the road signed as SR 992. The entire route is in Miami-Dade County.
|Three Lakes—Palmetto Estates—
|0.000||0.000||Homestead Ext||Western terminus, Coral Reef Drive continues westbound
Exit 16 (Florida's Turnpike)
|2.462||3.962||US 1 (South Dixie Highway)||Eastern terminus, Coral Reef Drive continues eastbound|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- "Straight-Line Diagram of Road Inventory". Florida Department of Transportation. December 3, 2010. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Map of Coral Reef Drive, Miami-Dade County, Florida (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=FL-997+S%2FSW+177th+Ave%2FKrome+Ave&daddr=25.6248089,-80.459917+to:SW+152nd+St&hl=en&ll=25.617382,-80.365677&spn=0.219488,0.363579&sll=25.616298,-80.455112&sspn=0.054873,0.090895&geocode=FRj_hgEd4voz-w%3BFegAhwEdc0c0-ymVGNtx--nZiDGTMmhcSmFZ_g%3BFQUVhwEdFrQ2-w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&t=m&z=12. Retrieved April 03, 2013.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Map of Florida State Road 992 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=SW+152nd+St&daddr=FL-992+E%2FSW+152nd+St&hl=en&ll=25.621406,-80.350742&spn=0.10974,0.181789&sll=25.627211,-80.342803&sspn=0.013717,0.022724&geocode=FaMKhwEdDX81-w%3BFd4QhwEdUxc2-w&mra=pr&t=m&z=13. Retrieved April 03, 2013.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, U.S. Census Bureau (January 7, 2011). P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (2010 Census): Miami-Dade County, FL (Map). Cartography by U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. Sheet 97. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/pl10map/cou_blk/st12_fl/c12086_miami-dade/PL10BLK_C12086_097.pdf. Retrieved 18 May, 2013.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, U.S. Census Bureau (January 7, 2011). P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (2010 Census): Miami-Dade County, FL (Map). Cartography by U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. Sheet 98. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/pl10map/cou_blk/st12_fl/c12086_miami-dade/PL10BLK_C12086_098.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
- "Building Name". University of Miami. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration, U.S. Census Bureau (January 7, 2011). P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (2010 Census): Miami-Dade County, FL (Map). Cartography by U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. Sheet 99. http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/pl10map/cou_blk/st12_fl/c12086_miami-dade/PL10BLK_C12086_099.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
- Surveying and Mapping Office, Florida Department of Transportation (April, 2007). General Highway Map - Miami-Dade County, Florida (Map) (May, 2010 ed.). http://www.dot.state.fl.us/surveyingandmapping/geomap/mida_c.pdf. Retrieved June 25, 2010.