Corpus Christi Catholic High School, Wollongong
|Corpus Christi Catholic High School|
Abide in Christ
|Oak Flats, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia|
|Type||Catholic, High school, Day school|
|Principal||Mrs Kerrie Piatek|
|Years offered||7 - 12|
|Colour(s)||Red, Blue, Olive|
Corpus Christi Catholic High School (CCCHS) is a Catholic co-educational school located in Oak Flats, New South Wales, Australia. Founded in 2006, the school is operated by the Wollongong Catholic Education Office in its service of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Wollongong. The school is registered by the NSW Board of Studies as an accredited years 7 to 12 high school.
Learning Circle Program
Since the School's inception in 2006 the Students at Corpus Christi have been a part of a Learning Circle Program to enhance their experience at the School. Learning Circles are split up into stages. Stage 4 Learning Circles consist of Year 7 and 8 Students. Stage 5 Learning Circles consist of Year 9 and 10 students and Stage 6 Learning Circles consist only of Year 11 or Year 12 students, Students in this phase of learning are paired with Learning Advisors that can help them most in their course areas. From 2006-2009 Learning Circles were picked at random and students were put into Learning Circles in no real order. More often then not, in Year 7 in particular students would not be with their Primary School Counterparts. In 2010 the organisation of the Learning Circles became much better when each colour house was designated a House Leader and Students would be put into their Learning Circle according to their House Colour. Prior to this the House Colours were used only for sporting events but now they play a big part in the life of the school. From 2012 and beyond each House has expanded in Learning Circles due to the number of students who will be in the School.
CCCHS has a 1 to 1 laptop program. All students and staff utilise their computers in a wireless environment and seamlessly integrate learning technology in a meaningful way. The CLE Reconciliation students worked on videos integrating PDHPE and RE. The school has developed a full co-curricular program focused on developing learning and skills of participants.
In 2007, CCCHS was named an Apple School of Excellence by Apple Australia. Staff and students presented their innovative approach to integration at the 2007 ACEL conference held in Sydney in a session entitled "Digging Deeper: Designing a CLE". In 2008 CCCHS principal & staff received an Innovative Education award from the Australian College of Educations.
Elizabeth Carnegie worked at Corpus Christi Catholic High School. Her work is primarily to foster innovative pedagogy and the integration of Religion and Gospel Values into curriculum. She contributed to the Oxford Studies of Religion textbook and the Heinemann Study Guide.
- Rhyan Clapham — Jazz Musician, 2011 Sir William Deane Prize Recipient, 
- Mikayla Weir — Rodeo Rider
- Kelly Stratton — 2012 HSC Encore Program
- Melissa Tierney — 2013 Illawarra Local Hero of the Year
- Corpus Christi Catholic High School
- BOS "Non-Government Registered Schools List... Corpus Christi Catholic High School"
- Glanville "The resultant planning is totally different to traditional High School layouts"
- One Build "In spite of wet weather during the entire duration of the project, the building was delivered within the 36 weeks tight programme, in January 2006. The project was completed on time, on budget and as per the documents."
- Wide Form
- Northern Leader "Senator Fierravanti-Wells said the grant would be used for various capital infrastructure projects at St Columbkille’s in Corrimal, St John Vianney’s in Fairy Meadow, St Joseph’s in Bulli, Corpus Christi Catholic High School in Oak Flats, St Paul’s in Albion Park and Stella Maris School in Shellharbour."
- Daily Telegraph "NON-government schools in NSW handed funding for new facilities under the Federal Government's Capital Grants Programme... 2005 Corpus Christi Catholic High School, Oak Flats; $2,192,458... 2006 Corpus Christi Catholic High School, Oak Flats; $2,581,482"
- Regional Science Fair
- ANZAC Day Schools Awards "Highly Commended Secondary school category NSW...Corpus Christi Catholic High School, NSW"
- CCCHS Newsletter "Rhyan Clapham... Inaugural School Community Spirit Award initiated by Jennie George MP"
- Kiama Independent "Rhyan Clapham (Drums)... will perform a wide selection of jazz and swing standards."
- Illawarra Mercury "Warilla rapper Dobby aims to inspire youth"
- Reverbnation "wrote 'Warilla,' and gained local attention."
- Catholic Weekly "Mikayla Weir, is heading instead to New Mexico to compete in an international rodeo."